Two football support staffers resign

auburnphan

24 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Yeah, but wouldn't the two of you working that closely together form a black hole or some kind of tear in the fabric of the universe? Do we want to risk that?

Not enough room for two.............................

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Sorry this job is saved for a close friend or family member....but we appreciate your interest.  You have an excellent resume's but unfortunately you appear to be over-qualified for his opening aside from not being related to anyone of importance in the Athletic Department.    Thanks for your response and we wish you success as you examine your future career objectives....

I think I've got that letter in a file somewhere.  I never understood the term "over-qualified".  I always thought it was about how hard you worked and the more qualified...the better.

Over-qualified normally means, we don't want you to get bored and quit unexpectedly and leave unprepared to replace you... ;)

In this case, meh.

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

Yeah, but wouldn't the two of you working that closely together form a black hole or some kind of tear in the fabric of the universe? Do we want to risk that?

No risk...no reward!

Are we really that concerned about these guys leaving?  Can the state of the football program get any worse than the last three seasons?  In the last three years we've settled for mediocre football and mediocre coaching.  I don't think these guys leaving, plus woody leaving is the end of the world.  It seems like every time someone leaves for reasons we might not ever know, an ominous picture of the state of the program is painted. Meanwhile in tuscaloser when coaches and QBs are leaving the program, they are still playing for championships.

As usual, the wonderful press is trying their best to cast some minor changes at Auburn in a negative light and implying there are deep, dark rumblings just beneath the surface. Just another day at Bammers 'R' Us.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

As usual, the wonderful press is trying their best to cast some minor changes at Auburn in a negative light and implying there are deep, dark rumblings just beneath the surface. Just another day at Bammers 'R' Us.

It is "eye raising". And I don't either resigned on their own will. Just hope this was a Gus decision and not forced. IMO, I think it was a Gus decision. 

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It is "eye raising". And I don't either resigned on their own will. Just hope this was a Gus decision and not forced. IMO, I think it was a Gus decision. 

Likely it was , but this was not the type of job that determined the success of the program in my view. The fact that there is turnover probably means nothing except maybe there was a need for more experience in that job.  If one of the people involved were not related to Gus, this would never have made the news. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Likely it was , but this was not the type of job that determined the success of the program in my view. The fact that there is turnover probably means nothing except maybe there was a need for more experience in that job.  If one of the people involved were not related to Gus, this would never have made the news. 

Agree. Rumblings that neither could get along so Gus got rid of both. 

On 05/09/2017 at 9:30 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Been there, seen that before. You get two employees at odds, each developing a camp of supporters behind them, and you have to axe both so you don't lose either camp.

On 5/8/2017 at 9:05 PM, augolf1716 said:

Not enough room for two.............................

In a black hole? Enough room for everybody in a black hole

theoretically.

On 5/9/2017 at 9:30 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Late to the party on this post, but seeing as I am "friends" with Kristi Malzahn and Aleaschia Gunn on Facebook...Mrs. Gunn whom I met when Kristi came to speak locally...the wives sure get along.  Neither has posted anything sketchy or divulging on their pages.  So whomever said, "speculation"...well, you can tell it's the off-season.

As for starting a foundation, I can so see it!  Many do but countless don't know that Gene and Jonna Chizik through the Chizik Foundation are significantly responsible for the initiative to get more orphan dorms built and renovated at Wetumpka's Adullam House, an incredible ministry that houses children of incarcerated moms at Tutwiler Prison.  Often, there is no one to raise the child when the mom is in jail.  Sometimes babies are delivered and go straight to Adullam House.  The hope is that "Mom" will get square, begin afresh, and come get her child/ren when her time is completed.  Some children are adopted through Adullam House, but it's meant to be a temporary situation.  Christian school, boarding, all the love in the world.  It is simply incredible what God inspired Rev. Pete and Angie Spackman to do...especially as he was converted in a British prison!  

TMI for some...but truly, the stories behind the stories are more interesting and definitely worth celebrating than the rumor.  

Archived