Baseball at UAB

Well , South Alabama has taken a two run lead over LSU and Baton Rouge. In the ninth.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very disappointed with what's going on. The guys need to wake up before we play ourselves out the post season

Expected this after the weekend. Losing to UAB did nothing but cement the weekend. Now let's go get some wins. 

4 losses in a row against teams with losing records. Not good. Most frustrating is we don't seem to be trying new approaches. For instance, we keep leading off an inning with base runners and no outs, and pop up instead of laying down a bunt? We let certain players whiff at curveballs and miss them by two feet without taking them out of the lineup? I know baseball is a cerebral sport, but it may be time for our coaches to ratchet up the coaching intensity on Gameday. 

7 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

4 losses in a row against teams with losing records. Not good. Most frustrating is we don't seem to be trying new approaches. For instance, we keep leading off an inning with base runners and no outs, and pop up instead of laying down a bunt? We let certain players whiff at curveballs and miss them by two feet without taking them out of the lineup? I know baseball is a cerebral sport, but it may be time for our coaches to ratchet up the coaching intensity on Gameday. 

Great point. What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results (or something like that).

8 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Have you seen some of our bunt attempts this year? I'd rather let them swing away than watch that level of pathetic again.

8 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Ouch

3-7 in the last 10 games.  that is a rough, "rough patch"

:puke:

This seems to have been our Men's programs SOP for the last few years- Get my hopes and dash them about the time I buy in.

But this time they're gonna turn it back on and bring it home......

• WarTiger changed the title to Baseball at UAB

Archived