Former Baylor assistant Praises Stidham

WFE12

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Super Bowl-winning NFL quarterback

Well, that's technically correct.;D  Did BSPN keep him on staff?

4 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Well, that's technically correct.;D  Did BSPN keep him on staff?

Just checked and no they did not. I bet the NFL Network is talking to his agent as we speak. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I bet the NFL Network is talking to his agent as we speak.

Yeah, either them or one of the myriad internet faux wanna be sports reporting sites.  I'm guessing his salary drops by at least 50% though.

39 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Yeah, either them or one of the myriad internet faux wanna be sports reporting sites.  I'm guessing his salary drops by at least 50% though.

And he'll still be making A LOT more than any of us.

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

And be getting paid to talk about football...

Hey... why didn't we think of that?

On 5/11/2017 at 8:45 AM, McLoofus said:

He said he reminded him of Drew Brees, except with a stronger arm. He also called him a program changer. A bit hyperbolic for sure, but not exactly the same as saying he was the next Drew Brees. And he didn't know that Sean would have so many injury problems, or that Gus would completely whiff on his assessment of his own QBs. 

Whatever Sean's ceiling is- probably lower than Brees's- he hasn't and probably won't ever hit it, through no fault of his own. 

Edit: Sorry, I don't mean to make this another Sean haterz vs loverz thread.

You just can't help yourself. It's NEVER Sean's fault he's a Sun Belt QB. It's injuries, Gus or youth. Or a combination thereof, depending upon your excuse of the day.

9 TDs & 6 INTs in 15 games as a healthy starter.

But that's ok...you just keeping blaming something else for Sean's Sun Belt ceiling.

I just wish they wouldn't say ANY pro qb names....I'm trying to keep my hopes tucked away but dude sound amazing. I also want to point out the tone of this article as far as JS being confident in his abilities.....he's a little cocky. All good qb's are. It's all about how they phrase it but it's the same thing....you want your qb cocky. It's not bad. I remember last year some had a problem with cocky. 

I hope he demands the working out of everybody else like he does himself and I hope the o line protects him and we don't be stupid and try to run him all the time

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

I just wish they wouldn't say ANY pro qb names....I'm trying to keep my hopes tucked away but dude sound amazing. I also want to point out the tone of this article as far as JS being confident in his abilities.....he's a little cocky. All good qb's are. It's all about how they phrase it but it's the same thing....you want your qb cocky. It's not bad. I remember last year some had a problem with cocky. 

I hope he demands the working out of everybody else like he does himself and I hope the o line protects him and we don't be stupid and try to run him all the time

^ YES to demanding everyone around him put in the work like he does. That's what good leaders do. 

Some praise (albeit somewhat soft and only slightly damning in context) from a potentially unexpected quarter:

“I think Jarrett Stidham is– by a pretty large margin– the best quarterback that Gus Malzahn has had since Cam Newton,” McElroy said. “He is very gifted as a deep-ball thrower. Auburn is always going to run the ball effectively. They’re always going to play with remarkable tempo. I think they have good personnel on defense, especially in the secondary. But I think that they really needed that quarterback. Sean White was gritty, he was tough and when he was healthy that offense was playing pretty well. And now, you have a guy who is gritty and tough and physically gifted that can also expose you with the deep ball. That’s a recipe for a lot of success offensively.”

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/greg-mcelroy-jarrett-stidham-auburn

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Wonder what was Trent drinking when he made that statement.

If I had to guess? Water or Gatorade probably

Dude is spending his Memorial Day weekend training at Jordan Palmer's QB Summit in California when he obviously could be doing other stuff.

On 5/17/2017 at 8:44 AM, McLoofus said:

"Can't qb?"

Dilfer is a Super Bowl-winning NFL quarterback. He might not be very good compared to other Super Bowl-winning NFL quarterbacks. Yes, his defense was amazing. Yes, he's paid to say things. But the dude was drafted as an NFL quarterback- the 6th overall pick. That alone makes him a better quarterback than at least 115 of the 120ish guys- all pretty good themselves- who will be starting on opening weekend this fall. He played 13 years in the NFL. He knows more about the position than 99.9% of anyone who has ever said the word "football". 

Do you really think Dilfer had anything do with that Super Bowl?

5 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Dude is spending his Memorial Day weekend training at Jordan Palmer's QB Summit in California when he obviously could be doing other stuff.

Stidham? Or Dilfer?  

Sorry, this thread got derailed. I was thinking this may have been an attempt to get it back on the track, or a "Dilfer ball art" joke. ?‍♂️

8 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Stidham? Or Dilfer?  

Sorry, this thread got derailed. I was thinking this may have been an attempt to get it back on the track, or a "Dilfer ball art" joke. ?‍♂️

Stidham

15 hours ago, wde1968 said:

There are really so many things that you can point out  that is hypocritical about those arguing for Trent dilfer but I wouldn't even venture down that path. I will say that Dilfer was indeed a mediocre professional QB. Yes he won a SB, then the ravens refused to resign him the next year . Nonetheless, he did play professional ball for an extended period of time  so his words should not be taken lightly. 

Stidham has a very good combination of talent, athleticism, smarts, and work ethic. From what I am hearing, he has some leadership ability as well. This bodes very well for our 2017 season!!!

9 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Stidham has a very good combination of talent, athleticism, smarts, and work ethic. From what I am hearing, he has some leadership ability as well. This bodes very well for our 2017 season!!!

Yes with all those great abilities I am still somehow nervous about him struggling or   getting injured God forbid. I guess it's just been a long time since we've had someone seem like an NFL prospect at QB that it seems too good to be true. I hate letting that mindset seep into my mind. I've been confident in him for the most part.

On 5/28/2017 at 5:00 PM, wde1968 said:

I looked it up. 12 completions for 153 yards and a touchdown. So yes, he had something to do with it. Not Brady or Manning numbers,  but contributions nonetheless. Even if he didn't take a single snap in that game, though, he'd still have a hell of a resume and it would still be odd to say that he can't play the position. I get it, it's fun to make Dilfer jokes and he's generally considered the worst Super Bowl QB, but being the worst Super Bowl QB is like being the poorest billionaire. 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

the worst Super Bowl QB is like being the poorest billionaire. 

Surprisingly, he wasn't the worst according to this article:

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/worst-nfl-quarterbacks-win-super-bowl.html/?a=viewall

Interesting.  Especially their stats on Joe Willy.

Dilfer was pretty god awful though.  I like listening to Jaworski's analysis much more.

Stay well Jarrett, the rest will take care of itself.

9 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

What did Dishman coach at Baylor when Stidham was there?

per OP, "said Dishman, a former All-Pro defensive back who was Baylor's safeties coach."

WDE

Archived