Auburn vs. Alabama 1993

augolf1716

Lets have some fun where you at on this day. I was in Ocoee, Fl couldn't get to the game even thought I had tickets due to work. Down 14-5 come back to win. I love Tong Richardson by the way

Also I know a lot of you weren't even born but still it fun to watch

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love it. Sat in my apartment by myself listening and drank about 12 bears to calm my nerves. Tony Richardson made the biggest hit Bostic took all year after the TD. Good times!

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

Love it. Sat in my apartment by myself listening and drank about 12 bears to calm my nerves. Tony Richardson made the biggest hit Bostic took all year after the TD. Good times!

Notice he like to take his helmet off even back then Tony was somewhat excitable 

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Notice he like to take his helmet off even back then

Yep, helluva hit without a facemask!

Was in the stadium. That was my junior year. The picture quality is pretty terrible, but I'm in the video at 10:43, just to the right of Aubie. White Auburn baseball shirt and a hat.

what percentage of the players do you think were on d-ball?  Coach Dye's players were like bama's now... just bigger then whoever they played

Thanks to the ncaa, we were old school; listening to the radio in Lawrenceville, GA and enjoyed one of Jim Fyffe's greatest games ever.  

His "TOUCHDOWNNNN AUBUUUUURRRNNNN" for Bostic's "final nail in the coffin" run is in my top 5 plays ever.  Good times!!

War Eagle!

I was in the student section end zone.  I remember Stan White getting hurt and being concerned for him.  Then Nix went out there and when they lined up I realized it was 4th and 14.  I thought Terry lost his marbles!!  What a catch by Sanders!!!  And then I remember Bostic's run at the end to seal the win.  That was my first Iron Bowl.   I'll never forget it!

I was there with my old man. He got some tickets from a friend, and we went in the stadium about an hour and a half early. We realized quick we were in the wrong part of the stadium. we sat there for a minute and 2 turds came up asking if we wanted to swap tickets. They were almost directly across from us in the other corner of the end zone.  It was a great day to be surrounded by Auburn fans for sure. I will never  forget the catch by Sanders. Jordan Hare was booming that day. 

My wife and I were at every home game in 93. GREAT memories. 

In the north end zone curve staff seats. Sanders running straight at us on the Nix pass. Had him in the binoculars and it looked like he gave the defender a quick two handed push off prior to jumping.Thought we were going to get the interference call. Have never seen a replay angle that indicated any interference nor can I recall anyone ever questioning the play. 

sitting in my living room with friends listening to the radio

The Auburn Nation's reaction to 1993 IMO epitomizes how different we are (in a good way) from the cross-state blowhards. If we had the West Vance or USC lobbying power, every media outlet would proclaim how we are retroactive 1993 National Champions, how many players belong on the SEC team of the century, etc. I love that we list our undefeated seasons rather than Bama-style dicey titles on Jordan Hare - it makes thoughtful observers scratch their head at Bama's 13 and our 12 undefeated seasons.    

I was 11 kicking my football around the backyard with my boombox as loud as I could get it.  This was the game that started it all for me.  I had listened and watched games before but after that season I never missed another game.

Still have the VHS Tape of the highlights and have shared it with my son many times.  I was 16 listening with a friend (a bammer) and really stressing it when we were down 14-5.  I remember running and yelling like a mad man as Bostic was ripping off that TD run at the end!  Great great memories.  This one and the 94 UF game at the swamp will always be special.  

15 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Lets have some fun where you at on this day. I was in Ocoee, Fl couldn't get to the game even thought I had tickets due to work. Down 14-5 come back to win. I love Tong Richardson by the way

Also I know a lot of you weren't even born but still it fun to watch...

Alas, couldn't get there either. On-call babysitting waste tanks at Savannah River Site. Limited to TV.

ETA - Thanks for the refresh.

ETAFurther - Is he the only living HC that ain't either still, or back, in Auburn?

I was there and it was the only time I got to see them that season. What a game to be at! As much as I enjoyed the win over Bama, later that night was my first experience with the Updyke culture of UAT fans. Back in Bham that night I still had my car flags and magnets on and some idiot swerved over into our lane twice. The second time I realized it was on purpose and I looked over and saw him looking right at me. I've always known both teams have good and bad fans but I honestly do feel Auburn fans do a much better job of keeping the game in proper perspective. 

26 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I've always known both teams have good and bad fans but I honestly do feel Auburn fans do a much better job of keeping the game in proper perspective. 

My theory is that there are a lot of people in Alabama* that literally don't have a single other thing to be proud of or get excited about. So when their only reason to smile that week is taken away, they don't respond well. And, due to state school status and a boatload of hardware, the vast majority of them pull tide.

I know that sounds condescending, but I've seen it and I've known some of those folks. And I've had rough weeks where I really could have used a big win from one of my teams on the weekend, and I've reacted poorly when they didn't.

I don't recall ever trying to run someone off the road, though, lol. 

*And rural Ohio, and Texas, and Philadelphia- duck, Santa!- and...  Big Fan with Patton Oswalt is an interesting movie that deals with an urban Northeasterner who is basically Harvey Updyke, except possibly even more pathetic. 

Archived