2017 Combo Guard transfer Miles Wilson (Mount St. Mary's)

ellitor

8 hours ago, PUB78 said:

So, Auburn is not getting another Center or PF this year?

For this class to be eligible to play the 2017-2018 season?...All signs point to very unlikely right now. There's not much left out there that could contribute immediately.

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Charhair said:

He's also visited Auburn and holds offers from Gonzaga, UVa, Virginia Tech, Ohio State & WVU.

Miami is the favorite.

Basketball transfer Miles Wilson: It’s UM or Auburn

BY MICHELLE KAUFMAN

Miles Wilson has narrowed his choices to Miami and Auburn, and will announce his decision after visiting the UM campus on June 1, according to Rivals.com.

Wilson, a 6-5 combo guard from Mount St. Mary’s, is transferring after his freshman year. He started 24 of 35 games, and averaged 11.8 points and 3.9 rebounds. He grabbed national attention when he scored 22 points and seven rebounds against top-ranked Villanova in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. He also had 17 points and 11 rebounds in the First Four win over New Orleans.

Wilson enjoyed his visit at Auburn.

“It was great,” Wilson said. “Coach Bruce Pearl and his staff are great. We toured the campus, the locker room, where the players stay and eat. It is a real nice campus. Everything was nice. Wherever I feel most comfortable and where I will be taken care of off the court. Just a place where I can feel that family vibe and comfort.”

Wilson will visit Miami on June 1.

“Then I’ll make my decision the first two weeks of June,” he said. “It’s between two schools, Auburn and Miami.”

The Baltimore native would sit out next season per NCAA transfer rules, and would have three years of eligibility remaining.

Hurricanes coach Jim Larrañaga said last month that he and his staff were looking for a transfer guard who could spend next year learning the system and then step in for the 2018-19 season in case Bruce Brown leaves for the NBA after his sophomore season. Lonnie Walker, a highly-touted 6-5 shooting guard from Reading, Pa., will be a freshman for the Canes this upcoming season, but could also bolt for the NBA next spring if he has a good year.

Miami has had success with transfer guards in the past. Shane Larkin (from DePaul), Angel Rodriguez (from Kansas State), and Sheldon McClellan (from Texas) led the Hurricanes to Sweet 16s.

Another player UM is pursuing is Jimmy Nichols, Jr., a 6-8 forward who will be a senior at Conway (S.C.) High in the fall.

In addition to Miami, Nichols is being recruited by Nebraska, Coastal Carolina, Old Dominion, College of Charleston, Rutgers, Rhode Island, Georgetown, Wake Forest, Hofstra, Murray State and Towson.

Nichols, Jr., averaged 15 points and 10 rebounds last season, and was named to the South Carolina 5A All-State team. His high school coach is Michael Hopkins, who previously was head coach at Coastal Carolina and an assistant coach at Virginia Tech. Nichols, Jr., plays travel ball with Garner Road.

Sacred Heart transfer guard Quincy McKnight is another player on UM’s list. He is a sophomore who would have two years of eligibility left after sitting out next season. McKnight, 6-3, averaged 18.9 points, 4.9 rebounds and 3 assists for Sacred Heart last season. Other schools on his list are Wichita State, Western Kentucky, Monmouth, Seton Hall and Creighton.

We are also still trying to get those 2 UMass kids. Still a lot to be decided here.

Archived