Baseball vs LSU game 3

Mize not the same these past two outings following his injury. AU down (again) early in Baton Rouge, 3-0 through 2

LSU pounding Mize in the bottom of the 2nd...and now leading 3-0 but runner is out at second to end the inning. 

• WarTiger changed the title to Baseball vs LSU game 3

uat figured out AU can't hit curveballs thrown for strikes. LSU is just doing more of that. 

This is getting frustrating to watch.   The bad thing is AU has had a better season then most expected but a lot of people will only base the season on the last two weekends and whatever happens the next couple weekends. War Eagle and the bats will come alive. 

I expected this to happen. Our Tigers are lost in the head. They need some positives or this season will end with a thud.

Come on, Fellas!

LSUs third starter (coming into today with a 4.1 ERA) continues to no-hit AU through six. LSU 6, AU 0

37 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I expected this to happen. Our Tigers are lost in the head. They need some positives or this season will end with a thud.

Come on, Fellas!

They are playing with broken hearts. Last weekend just was too much and they have nothing left.

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

They are playing with broken hearts. Last weekend just was too much and they have nothing left.

All due respect, Belle, but I'm hoping a bunch of 18-22 year old guys have the mental fortitude to let last week motivate them instead of breaking them.  RPI quickly moving south out of the regional lock zone to "bubble zone."  

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

All due respect, Belle, but I'm hoping a bunch of 18-22 year old guys have the mental fortitude to let last week motivate them instead of breaking them.  RPI quickly moving south out of the regional lock zone to "bubble zone."  

That's the thing.....they are very young and are learning all this in a very high pressure situation. None of them have been here before and they have made mistakes. It's not their make-up that's the problem. They will be fine.

This seasons momentum hit the wall last weekend. We all know how momentum works regardless of how old you are. We need a win and some positives.

Well...Gilliken saved AU from the embarrassment of a no-no....but just thinking that a couple weekends ago we were projecting on the possibility of 20 conference wins and now it's looking like 15 is going to be a challenge.

When mentally a team is challenged, and we play like we are now always behind it seems, someone on this team HAS to break up this slide. Really good teams don't go on 7 loss streaks. We need to show we have a team that is going to rebound.

It seems that during the Alabama Series and now this series, we have only been ahead in an inning, maybe 4 or 5 innings? So in over 50 innings of baseball we have only had the lead 10 %. They have got to find a way to break out of this....

When Auburn was winning and winning big, no one mentioned their age. But now that their losing 7 in a row, people are saying their just 18 to 22 year old kids. You can't have it both ways.

28 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

When Auburn was winning and winning big, no one mentioned their age. But now that their losing 7 in a row, people are saying their just 18 to 22 year old kids. You can't have it both ways.

Go find an elephant to ride.

1 hour ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Not true- with 32 wins, and 14 conference wins, we could lose every game an still be in 

5 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Not true- with 32 wins, and 14 conference wins, we could lose every game an still be in 

Regardless, do we have to test that hypothesis so literally?

This baseball team reminds me so much of the football team in 2001. Entered Alabama game/series with chance to win division, had out of nowhere upset blowout/sweep, followed suit at LSU.

4 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Guess that could be true but puts us in a position where we will likely be playing everything on the road..and the two reasons the team has gotten as far as it has this season have  both lost their mojo in recent weeks.  Hitting remains marginal at best....though maybe I should refer to the inability to score runs after people get on base ....since the team batting average is about .280 which isn't that bad...except when we have men in scoring position. 

As some folks mentioned a couple years ago...what's the  use of even being in the tournament if we don't have what it takes to win it?  think it was referred to as  "0 and 2 and a BBQ''

6 hours ago, AU64 said:

Guess that could be true but puts us in a position where we will likely be playing everything on the road..and the two reasons the team has gotten as far as it has this season have  both lost their mojo in recent weeks.  Hitting remains marginal at best....though maybe I should refer to the inability to score runs after people get on base ....since the team batting average is about .280 which isn't that bad...except when we have men in scoring position. 

As some folks mentioned a couple years ago...what's the  use of even being in the tournament if we don't have what it takes to win it?  think it was referred to as  "0 and 2 and a BBQ''

Agreed but I was just answering the question of "going from a regional lock to a bubble team..." we are in the tournament. The question now is can we get it together enough to keep a 2 seed, or do we dip all the way to a 3 seed and really have a crappy ending to the season? 

15 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I wouldn't be so sure. If AU goes 0-10 or 0-11  to end the season, teams on the rise at the end of the season could get more appreciation than we do. If we lose out the RPI is going to be the issue.

Archived