2018 Non-Conference Schedule

AURex

The only good teams on the 2018 schedule are Washington and Southern Miss. I bet you Alabama State could beat Liberty. I wonder how big the check will be for Liberty. That university has a lot of money.

4 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

The only good teams on the 2018 schedule are Washington and Southern Miss. I bet you Alabama State could beat Liberty. I wonder how big the check will be for Liberty. That university has a lot of money.

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I'm bet that's what JJ sings every time he adds another weak team to our future schedule.

Just curious what you prefer the 2018 non-conference schedule should be outside of the Washington game.  That is a great selection for a potentially top 10 team and playing in Atlanta with the huge Auburn fan base there.

Who would you get to fill the 3 remaining slots if you had your choice of schools?

The SEC has been weak, Bama held us all on their back last season. That's not Bama loving that's just real. Sure we probably have better talent but that doesn't mean much when pretty much every team other than Bama has 5 or more losses at the end of the season. Don't @ me. :gofig:  

10 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

The SEC has been weak, Bama held us all on their back last season. That's not Bama loving that's just real. Sure we probably have better talent but that doesn't mean much when pretty much every team other than Bama has 5 or more losses at the end of the season. Don't @ me. :gofig:  

I've been predicting that the SEC was going to eat its own for years... last year it finally happened. There wasn't a single bad team in the SEC last year and the records reflected that. Everyone had enough talent that on any given day, any SEC team could beat any other SEC team (save bama, as you mentioned... only a couple had a shot at them... one got hosed by the refs and one had no QB).

Yep lion I agree. There is not a bad team in the SEC, especially the SEC W. Every time out you have to bring your A game just to win. All of the teams have talent. 

As far as the schedule is concerned, I complained for years. I wanted to play 2-3 good teams and 1 cream puff like we did in the 80s. What I have come to realize, as noted above, is that the SEC is so difficult now that we do not need to schedule more than 1 tough OOC opponent. With the playoff in place, we basically just need to win the SEC and we are almost guaranteed a spot. 

Now do i want to see us play good teams every Saturday? Heck yes. But it would not be good for AU. 

Every team in every major conference plays 1 or 2 gimmes a year. It's a fact. I for one am glad that Auburn is now keeping some of that $$$ in state for the smaller schools.

The marque nonconf games are scheduled years in advance, did you really think we'd be able to slide a competitive matchup into that 2018 homecoming slot this late? It'd take the stars lining up perfectly and even then it might not be the best decision for your program. Alabama St is already the week after Washington. That's good timing if ya ask me right b4 conf ball starts.

I totally get the season ticket holder angle, but that's why getting uga & the turds rotation off kilter hurt Auburn ticket holders the most. IMO JJ needs to be politic'n to get that changed ASAP.

34 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

I totally get the season ticket holder angle, but that's why getting uga & the turds rotation off kilter hurt Auburn ticket holders the most. IMO JJ needs to be politic'n to get that changed ASAP.

THIS!!!!!!! We need to suck it up and play back to back somewhere. 

Archived