Big Cat Visitor List & Thread (June 3rd)

ellitor

Star #s: 4* = 17, 3* = 12

Confirmed

4* RB Asa Martin
4* WR Justyn Ross
4* WR Kearis Jackson
4* WR Tommy Bush
4* WR Matthew Hill
4* WR Lawrence Keys III
4* OT Christian Armstrong
4* OG Trey Hill
4* OG Tank Jenkins
4* DT Coynis Miller
4* Juco DE Daquan Newkirk
4* DE Caleb Tannor
4* OLB/Buck Quay Walker
4* LB JJ Peterson
4* LB Channing Tindall
4* LB Michael Harris
4* CB Kyler McMichael
3* RB Tae Provens
3* WR Kolbi Fuqua
3* WR Shedrick Jackson
3* OG/C Jalil Irvin
3* OG Kameron Stutts

3* DT Jalen Cunningham
3* DT Tramel Walthour
3* LB La'Dedric Jackson
3* DE/Buck Andres Fox
3* CB Juanyeh Thomas
3* S Jamien Sherwood
3* S Joseph Fouche
NR DB Charles McClelland

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Star wise, not so good. But those 3* on that list are legit. 

For all the shortcomings, I have come to trust this staff's evaluations on under-the-radar players. (And, with CLL and Malik, that might even include QBs going forward.)

7 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Star wise, not so good. But those 3* on that list are legit. 

And there will likely be some commitments from that group.

Early look at Big Cat Weekend

For now, take at eight prospects who have already confirmed they’ll be on campus that weekend.

5-star WR Justyn Ross, Central (Ala.): Ross has been to Clemson and Alabama and recent weeks, which put a few obstacles in Auburn’s way after the 5-star local wide receiver became a regular at Auburn throughout the months of February and March. Ross’ decision is still a long ways away, but getting him on campus for Big Cat Weekend will be pivotal for future recruiting successes.

Auburn recruiting-<a href=
Asa Martin” width=”640″ height=”427″ /> Auburn RB target Asa Martin (Chris Kirschner/SEC Country)

4-star RB Asa Martin, Austin (Ala.): Martin is quickly becoming the priority of the class. The Tigers hosted Martin over the weekend, and he says he’ll be back at the start of next month for the June 3 recruiting weekend. The top running back in the state of Alabama was one of the forefronts of the Tigers’ recruiting efforts on A-Day — along with Ross — so Big Cat Weekend will share a similar trend.

4-star CB Kyler McMichael, Greater Atlanta Christian (Ga.): Here’s another recent visitor who appears to be way more interested in Auburn than previously believed. McMichael hasn’t explicitly narrowed down his top options, but his decision to visit the Plains twice in as many months means the Tigers are deeply in play for this state of Georgia defensive back.

4-star DT Coynis Miller, Jackson-Olin (Ala.): No surprise here, but Miller will be on campus for one of the Tigers’ big recruiting weekends. Miller has been a regular at Auburn — junior days, spring practices, his own spring break — so it’s pretty typical for the big defensive tackle from Birmingham to be on campus for a big weekend, and it’ll happen shortly after his high school teammate Tadarian Moultry enrolls at Auburn. A little editorializing: I think there are way more teams in play with Miller than people think. The Crimson Tide and the Tigers are certainly major factors, but don’t rule out out-of-state programs like Florida, LSU or even Oregon as serious contenders.

4-star safety Quindarious Monday, Carver (Ga.): Monday has long called Auburn his favorite, and while he doesn’t seem committed to finalizing a decision on Big Cat Weekend, that event will go a long way to securing the safety target. His spring football season ends on Friday, and this is a recruitment that could certainly pick up steam and come to an end in the near future.

3-star safety Joseph Foucha, McDonogh 35 (La.): After making his first visit at the beginning of May, Foucha is determined to return to a school that he considers a “special one.” Auburn is recruiting Foucha harder than any other program, he said, though Foucha claims his decision will run all the way to National Signing Day in February. Still, two visits in such a short span from a Louisiana prospect is a strong sign.

3-star WR Shedrick Jackson, Hoover (Ala.): Jackson has publicly downplayed his Auburn ties during the early stages of his recruitment, as he also gauges interest from other Power 5 programs. He was in town twice in two weeks — once for Bo Bikes Bama with his uncle Bo Jackson — and plans to be back for Big Cat Weekend. The Tigers are in good shape, but Jackson insists he’s not in a rush.

3-star OLB Richard Jibunor, Athens Christian (Ga.): Jibunor tried to make a few trips to Auburn throughout the spring, but it wasn’t very successful with his schedule. The versatile defender will make many recruiting visits throughout the summer, and Auburn’s Big Cat Weekend will be a focal point of that.

13 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Tell me Gatewood is going to show up. I'd hate for him to not be in Ross's ear the whole weekend.

When an AU reporter gets in touch with him about BCW & makes that public then it will be posted.

• ellitor featured and pinned this topic

I like that we have three safety's on this list. We need the depth.

36 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I like that we have three safety's on this list. We need the depth.

Heck, we may need them for more than depth sooner rather than later. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Heck, we may need them for more than depth sooner rather than later. 

Sadly you may be right. With our current depth we may end up with CB's playing safety.

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

Elite 11 weekend?

I didn't know it was the same weekend til you got me to look it up just now. That post was made 5 days before Joey was selected for the Elite 11.

SO fields and Joey G are out and not coming to big cat? Well I am not in love with that at all. raining_david_tennant.gif

On 5/23/2017 at 2:09 AM, GwillMac6 said:

SO fields and Joey G are out and not coming to big cat? Well I am not in love with that at all. 

Another brilliant scheduling move by our support staff. It had been the last weekend in May but they moved it to June.

Archived