Big Cat Visitor List & Thread (June 3rd)

ellitor

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Another brilliant scheduling move by our support staff. It had been the last weekend in May but they moved it to June. We'll miss on them getting to visit and at least WR Matthew Hill because the Rivals 5* challenge is that weekend too and that's where MH will be.

It's starting to seem to me that there is something going on every weekend for most of these kids. Earlier there was a big controversy about our junior day because of conflicts. Last year the conflict with Memorial Day weekend wasn't good. Now this. Are there any weekends out there when something else won't be going on? Maybe we'll just have to set our schedule and if one or more targets don't make it, oh well....

23 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

If our goal is truly to sign 4-5 quality 2018 O- linemen, it would be ideal to see more than 1 visiting @ BC.

This list is nowhere near the final one. We have 13 known recruits listed now. There will be 35 to 40 total that come. Give it time for names to come out.

On 5/23/2017 at 7:05 AM, ellitor said:

woooooooof that is egregious right there. Double whammy.

11 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I'm pretty sure the 5-star challenge is the weekend after BCW.

you are correct.  BCW is June 3 & 5-star challenge is June 9-11:

That's a very large poster.

I only had that in my head because I was thinking Elite 11 was not the same weekend as the 5-star challenge.

7 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I'm pretty sure the 5-star challenge is the weekend after BCW.

It is as was posted in the Joey & Jibunor threads. When I posted they were the same weekend I was just relaying what an AU recruiting reporter said.

1 hour ago, lkeel75 said:

you are correct.  BCW is June 3 & 5-star challenge is June 9-11:

But the Elite 11 is June 2-4, which eliminates both of the top QBs on our list from Big Cat... one of whom is our best commit-recruiter.

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

But the Elite 11 is June 2-4, which eliminates both of the top QBs on our list from Big Cat... one of whom is our best commit-recruiter.

Mama & Little Worm might debate that opinion.

Just now, ellitor said:

Mama & Little Worm might debate that opinion.

I know Worm is in on a lot of it, but when it comes down to it, I read Joey's name more than anyone in articles about recruits. Apparently he, Worm, and Irvin make quite the team when it comes being in prospects ears.

14 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I know Worm is in on a lot of it, but when it comes down to it, I read Joey's name more than anyone in articles about recruits. Apparently he, Worm, and Irvin make quite the team when it comes being in prospects ears.

Joey's name is out there more because he is the QB commit for the class. They naturally get more pub. Also him being the #1 athlete in the nation doesn't hurt in the pub department either.

It's a bummer, but you can't do it Memorial Day weekend, and you can't do it 5-star weekend. I think picking Elite 11 weekend was the best option.

53 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

It's a bummer, but you can't do it Memorial Day weekend

Why not? We have nearly every year since Chiz started BCW & never had a turn out issue.

Fair question. If it were me, I wouldn't spend my money to take my kid there on my long weekend. I guess it's an option though. Seems like you're going to lose a few kids you want there no matter what weekend you pick though. 

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

Why not? We have nearly every year since Chiz started BCW & never had a turn out issue.

So e, how many commitments are you guaranteeing for BCW?^-^

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

So e, how many commitments are you guaranteeing for BCW?^-^

We gettin Errybody!

9 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Fair question. If it were me, I wouldn't spend my money to take my kid there on my long weekend. I guess it's an option though. Seems like you're going to lose a few kids you want there no matter what weekend you pick though. 

I totally see this differently.  My son needed to interview ( in Auburn) for an ROTC scholarship and my wife had only one week off that summer.  We punted our planned anniv trip and drove 14 hrs and made a quasi vacation out of it.  Most parents are off that weekend and it is a huge opportunity for their kid.  I say do it that weekend.   

Taking that anniv trip in 2 weeks from now.   :)

I really like the current list. I look forward to seeing how it fills out. If our BCW commit % remains consistent this year, we will yet again have a very nice class coming in. 

6 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Any chance Jalyn will visit now that he's delayed his announcement?

He planned to visit even had he committed to Bama.

Archived