Big Cat Visitor List & Thread (June 3rd)

ellitor

We did not see any commits.  Are you hearing of any that might commit in the near future.  Although i seem to recall there has been 4 more years we did not get a recruit during Big Cat week since 2009 for some reason i am a little worried about not seeing one this year?  Maybe i am just too negative....>:D

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any news on why Zakoby McClain couldn't make it?

35 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

Any news on why Zakoby McClain couldn't make it?

Not yet. Neither on Jibunor either.

44 minutes ago, lost said:

We did not see any commits.  Are you hearing of any that might commit in the near future.  Although i seem to recall there has been 4 more years we did not get a recruit during Big Cat week since 2009 for some reason i am a little worried about not seeing one this year?  Maybe i am just too negative....>:D

A number of kids plan to commit by August. Of the kids who attended BCW we appear to lead for...

Justyn Ross
Matthew Hill
Shedrick Jackson
Juanyeh Thomas
Joseph Fouche
Charles McClelland

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Of base on the 4* part. 17 is a lot. As for 5*s Justyn Ross & Trey Hill will be 5*s before the cycle is over. The focus on who we invite hasn't changed. We still invite our staff's top targets regardless of site rankings.

Thanks E.  I thought my perception might be skewed a bit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does Big Cat Weekend need a shift in focus or is it effective as it stands now? I don't do any research in recruiting news. I basically get all my info here and anything from outside of the opinions of several members here is garnered from the articles that are posted here. With no commitments from this year's BCW, it seems that some posters are getting restless. I've read some of the comments from players who attend from each year and they seem to always say that it's a break from what other schools do. It's more relaxed and fun and about building relationships. One in particular said the another school was more business and that was what he really liked better. It got me wondering if Auburn coaches should rethink their approach to Big Cat or is it better to leave it as it is? If it's laid back and then the recruits see us go 8-5 then maybe enough of them start thinking and hearing that everything is too laid back and Auburn isn't as serious about football as it needs to be. Thoughts?

27 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Does Big Cat Weekend need a shift in focus or is it effective as it stands now? I don't do any research in recruiting news. I basically get all my info here and anything from outside of the opinions of several members here is garnered from the articles that are posted here. With no commitments from this year's BCW, it seems that some posters are getting restless. I've read some of the comments from players who attend from each year and they seem to always say that it's a break from what other schools do. It's more relaxed and fun and about building relationships. One in particular said the another school was more business and that was what he really liked better. It got me wondering if Auburn coaches should rethink their approach to Big Cat or is it better to leave it as it is? If it's laid back and then the recruits see us go 8-5 then maybe enough of them start thinking and hearing that everything is too laid back and Auburn isn't as serious about football as it needs to be. Thoughts?

It's good the way it is. We have a 40% success rate of attendees to signees. That's a good number.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

It's good the way it is. We have a 40% success rate of attendees to signees. That's a good number.

You know what they say about Big Cat Weekend - 40% of the time, it works all the time.

14 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

You know what they say about Big Cat Weekend - 40% of the time, it works all the time.

It's got real bits of Panther, so you know it's good. :)

7 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

It's got real bits of Panther, so you know it's good. :)

It is quite pungent...

• ellitor unfeatured this topic
3 hours ago, gr82be said:

If we win big this year this will be a moot point.  Winning cures many ills.

8 minutes ago, Newbomb said:

If we win big this year this will be a moot point.  Winning cures many ills.

In recruiting it does when coaches are not in their grace period anymore.

On 6/6/2017 at 2:57 PM, ellitor said:

A number of kids plan to commit by August. Of the kids who attended BCW we appear to lead for...

Justyn Ross
Matthew Hill
Shedrick Jackson
Juanyeh Thomas
Joseph Fouche
Charles McClelland

So I have it on good authority that one of these just committed. Not sure if it supposed to be a secret so I will hold off on naming a name. Mods?

3 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

So I have it on good authority that one of these just committed. Not sure if it supposed to be a secret so I will hold off on naming a name. Mods?

I am confused. Did you say that someone just committed to Auburn ?

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

I am confused. Did you say that someone just committed to Auburn ?

yes

Edit: I am about to find out just how good my source really is =) Apparently it isn't on any pay sites.

4 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

yes

Edit: I am about to find out just how good my source really is =) Apparently it isn't on any pay sites.

And usually CGM tweets "Boom!" When. We do get a commitment and he hasn't yet. 

37 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

Link

35 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

yes

If You are referring to Shedrick it's essentially on pay sites. He's just working on a video to make it official.

32 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

And usually CGM tweets "Boom!" When. We do get a commitment and he hasn't yet. 

We've got one. Gus is just waiting on him to go public before the Boom.

1 hour ago, AUcivE09 said:

+1

Does the +1 mean Shedrick is the one you were referring to or are you saying we got another one besides Shed?

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Does the +1 mean Shedrick is the one you were referring to or are you seeing we got another one besides Shed?

Shedrick

Archived