Kyle Davis Returns to Campus

abw0004

2 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Shouldn't Family members be accorded some accommodation?

Hey, we're Auburn.  We're all family despite our various surnames.

2 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

Hey, we're Auburn.  We're all family despite our various surnames.

and we're kind'a wormy w./ tigers?

7 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Now an answer is needed to the hard pressing question: Is he wearing no.86 or going back no.11? We need to know this!!!

Neither, he will now be 2.0 because he's back and even better. 

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

There is no team to be back with, right? Isn't it a dead period for finals?

Off season workouts, weight room, throwing with QB's everyday. That stuff is going on.

5 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

Off season workouts, weight room, throwing with QB's everyday. That stuff is going on.

But is it sanctioned? That's my point, Gus may not be able to officially say he's back yet. The rules are dumb

12 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Gus may not be able to officially say he's back yet. The rules are dumb

The way the coach articulates how the rules apply is dumber.

Hate to link an al.com article, but KD expected to rejoin the team tonight

Kyle Davis' time away from Auburn's football team has come to an end.

Davis, who posted on Instagram on Monday that he was back on campus, will rejoin the team Wednesday night when the Tigers reconvene before the start of summer classes at Auburn, according to coach Gus Malzahn.

"Kyle Davis will be at our team meeting tonight when we got our guys coming back, and he'll be back ready to go," Malzahn said Wednesday morning before teeing off at the Regions Pro-Am at Greystone in Birmingham.

Davis has been away from the team since the spring while dealing with what Malzahn previously described as "personal business." The 6-foot-2, 213-pound receiver was third on the team with 248 receiving yards as a freshman in 2016 while hauling in 12 passes, including two for touchdowns.

Davis, a former four-star prospect, appeared in all 13 games as a freshman and averaged 20.7 yards per reception. He flashed big-play potential and the capability to stretch the field, including a highlight-reel, one-handed grab in coverage against Arkansas State early in the season.

Last month, Davis' father declined to detail the reason for his son's absence from the team, and receivers coach Kodi Burns was not concerned about Davis missing spring practices.

When asked Wednesday if Davis would be on any probationary status with the team upon his return, Malzahn said that wouldn't be the case.

"He's ready to go," Malzahn said.

3 minutes ago, Tivo48 said:

Beat you to it :tease:

Only because 50 took a hiatus from the site ( I hope everything is alright with him).

2 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

Only because 50 took a hiatus from the site ( I hope everything is alright with him).

He's popped up a couple times here recently. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

He's popped up a couple times here recently.

I haven't seen him in a while; I thought he had run off with Jeff .

29 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

I haven't seen him in a while; I thought he had run off with Jeff .

#freeaujeff

On 5/16/2017 at 1:11 PM, weagl1 said:

Glad to see this young man back.  Best of the group in my opinion.  

He was. He's got some work to do to hold that title now. 

Either way, I'm very glad he's back with the team and everything appears to have worked out well. And kudos to him, his family, and our staff for keeping this matter private in spite of media and fans trying like crazy to find out.  It's none of our business. 

Archived