Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

AUUSN

Well crap...

President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.

The information the president relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.

The partner had not given the United States permission to share the material with Russia, and officials said Trump’s decision to do so endangers cooperation from an ally that has access to the inner workings of the Islamic State. After Trump’s meeting, senior White House officials took steps to contain the damage, placing calls to the CIA and the National Security Agency.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/2017/05/15/530c172a-3960-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.cdf4b5413285

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just reading this same story.  The carelessness for his job that this man shows is quite remarkable.

"Fake News..."*

*NO, of course I don't believe it's fake news.  I just felt like beating the Trumpettes to the punch. >:D

Obviously I'm in no position to confirm or disprove the claims of this story, but it sounds like a serious enough allegation to merit further investigation!

4 minutes ago, quietfan said:

"Fake News..."*

*NO, of course I don't believe it's fake news.  I just felt like beating the Trumpettes to the punch. >:D

Obviously I'm in no position to confirm or disprove the claims of this story, but it sounds like a serious enough allegation to merit further investigation!

I never thought we'd be the one to get kicked out of FVEY intel.

58 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

Well crap...

President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.

The information the president relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.

The partner had not given the United States permission to share the material with Russia, and officials said Trump’s decision to do so endangers cooperation from an ally that has access to the inner workings of the Islamic State. After Trump’s meeting, senior White House officials took steps to contain the damage, placing calls to the CIA and the National Security Agency.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/2017/05/15/530c172a-3960-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.cdf4b5413285

According to Laura Ingraham, the WAPO published its story WITHOUT interviewing any of the Americans in the meeting (DJT, Tillerson, McMaster, Powell).  So if they didn't interview any Americans, then where did the story originate ? 

Unprofessional journalism on the part of WAPO and most likely more FAKE NEWS !  Go figure !

Libs being punked again, only by their own people.

1 minute ago, Elephant Tipper said:

According to Laura Ingraham, the WAPO published its story WITHOUT interviewing any of the Americans in the meeting (DJT, Tillerson, McMaster, Powell).  So if they didn't interview any Americans, then where did the story originate ? 

Unprofessional journalism on the part of WAPO and most likely more FAKE NEWS !  Go figure !

"The Washington Post is withholding most plot details, including the name of the city, at the urging of officials who warned that revealing them would jeopardize important intelligence capabilities."

Just to be clear. WaPo is saying that they have proof of this.

3 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

Probably from the IC who received calls from the NSC right after Trump shot his mouth off. That's where the source of this story is likely coming from.

Remember a long time ago when I stated, Trump better not go to war with the IC?

5 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

Probably from the IC who received calls from the NSC right after Trump shot his mouth off. That's where the source of this story is likely coming from.

Remember a long time ago when I stated, Trump better not go to war with the IC?

McMaster says: "I was in the room. it didn't happen."  

Libs keep being trolled by their own media.  smh

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2017/05/15/us/politics/ap-us-trump-intelligence-russia-the-latest.html

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/15/trump-revealed-classified-information-sergey-lavro/

Archived