aubiefifty

Dye on SEC Divisions

57 posts in this topic

On 5/16/2017 at 9:00 AM, gr82be said:

I'll see your two cents and I'll raise you my two cents. :) I wouldn't want the move if it meant not playing UAT every year either. Wanting the change doesn't make Auburn a coward. Bama can elect to play Auburn each year and forego the UT game if they choose. I would like to see us play UT and Florida again annually. Nothing cowardly about that. The East isn't made up of Vandy and Kentucky only. 

Well, there ya' go...

Auburn is FORCED to change divisions.

Bama is the one forced to CHOOSE.

If the turds choose UTk, then who are the cowards now?

1 person likes this

On 5/16/2017 at 2:02 PM, gravejd said:

It'll go to a vote in a couple of months in Destin.  We'll see how much sway Auburn has in this conference and we'll see how many backers we have after the members cast their vote.

13 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

It makes geographical sense. I don't give two hoots what any bammers would say. I have an Auburn diploma and the majority of them just have HS diplomas. What they say about Auburn doesn't hold any water. 

You and I both know most of them didn't finish high school.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, keesler said:

It'll go to a vote in a couple of months in Destin.  We'll see how much sway Auburn has in this conference and we'll see how many backers we have after the members cast their vote.

"Malzahn doesn't have any actual pull. This is just one man's opinion. There are way too many steps that would need to be taken for this to go from offseason fodder to an actual piece of legislation to be voted on...Still, it's one of those silly storylines that has just enough support somewhere to stay alive. As such, it will likely be brought up again this time next year ... and the year after that ... and the year after that."[http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/here-are-the-pros-and-cons-of-what-auburn-moving-to-the-sec-east-would-mean/] 

2 people like this

Here is the thing. I don't think they will do a one for one trade. Part of the beauty of the Iron bowl is that it is played one time a year. If Auburn were to go to the east, UAT stays in the west, they become our every year. How many times over the last 6 years do you think we play UAT in the Iron bowl and then turn around and play them again in the SEC championship? I bet that number is pretty high because the east has been down. Thats why I said I think the only way this happens is if there is an expansion to include 2 more teams. I could see a realignment where both UAT and Aub go to the east as a possibility but don't think it is likely. The Iron Bowl brings in too much to take the chance that it could be played twice a year.

its not just bama in the way, 3 teams in the east UF, UGA and Tenn told silve not to move auburn to the east. Those 3 east teams are real road blocks