2018 3* CB/S Joseph Foucha

ellitor

2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Seems like AU is stacked at safety. Does this kid project at cb?

Either as it shows in the thread title.

Per this blurb AU still leads for Foucha FWIW

As for Foucha, the 3-star defensive back will officially visit Arkansas this weekend instead. He told SEC Country he still fully plans to take an official visit and that the Tigers remain his leader.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Either as it shows in the thread title.

Lol . I posted at 4am . I may have still been a little tired

Does Foucha have a chance to become a 4 star recruit?

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Can he truly be CB or S? @bigbird?

I'd play him at Safety. He has good closing speed, plays down hill well, takes good angles over the top, and can hit

Louisiana DB still plans to officially visit

With Roger McCreary’s commitment to Auburn on Wednesday night, Auburn added another solid defensive backfield piece in the 2018 class.

The 3-star cornerback from Mobile, Ala., is the sixth defensive back — Christian Tutt, Quindarious Monday, Jamien Sherwood, Josh Marsh and Kolbi Fuqua — in Auburn’s class. McCreary becomes the second cornerback in the class, joining Tutt.

With those numbers, you’d think the Tigers would be done recruiting that position group.

That’s not necessarily the case.

Louisiana defensive back Joe Foucha said Thursday morning he still plans to take his official visit to the Auburn. Foucha was scheduled to take an official visit last weekend when the slate was canceled. He went to Arkansas instead who is now trending. Foucha has always wanted to land in Auburn’s class, so it’ll be interesting to see if the numbers crunch allows that to happen.

For now, it’ll be tough to squeeze Foucha into this class given the remaining need at offensive tackle and most of the “best players available” being at wide receiver or linebacker.

On 1/24/2018 at 11:26 PM, bigbird said:

I'd play him at Safety. He has good closing speed, plays down hill well, takes good angles over the top, and can hit

I feel exactly the same. I feel like he is a natural Safety. He likes contact, he is strong, and seems to move on the ball well. Not sure he has the speed to be an elite corner. His film is very impressive. It is kind of interesting that his offer list is really great but LSU is not one he is considering. Really hope he comes to AU. 

I seems like more and more of the guys we might sign are on the D side and not on the O-Line. We just signed a CB McCreary looking at Foucha as CB/S and Langham as DE/DT and maybe as RT. With only 2-3 spots left that doesn't leave much for OT for this year. It is looking like we are taking best player we can get at positions of some need like DB where we were pretty thin especially Safety but not looking to good at OT.  While I would like a stud OT if we can't get one it is better to fill other needs and then next year O-line will have to be a priority.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I seems like more and more of the guys we might sign are on the D side and not on the O-Line. We just signed a CB McCreary looking at Foucha as CB/S and Langham as DE/DT and maybe as RT. With only 2-3 spots left that doesn't leave much for OT for this year. It is looking like we are taking best player we can get at positions of some need like DB where we were pretty thin especially Safety but not looking to good at OT.  While I would like a stud OT if we can't get one it is better to fill other needs and then next year O-line will have to be a priority.

Next year's OL class will be a priority regardless.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Next year's OL class will be a priority regardless.

I know wrong thread, but are we "ahead" of the curve on OL for 2019? 

5 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I would expect they would want 4-5 for next year

Just now, bigbird said:

I would expect they would want 4-5 for next year

lot's of casting to do in order to land that number of big fish.  Just wondering if we may secure an early commit in Feb.   I think they will have Junior day right after signing week or maybe late Feb.   Would be nice if we can secure a marquee commitment EARLY.  With Nix committed, that's got to help.  Need that big time back to jump on board.

5 hours ago, Beaker said:

No clue. AU reporters are still focused on the 2018 class.

I’ve heard that the 2019 class o linemen was going to be an up Year! Maybe d linemen too! Anyway someone on hear could expound on this?

5 minutes ago, toddc said:

I’ve heard that the 2019 class o linemen was going to be an up Year! Maybe d linemen too! Anyway someone on hear could expound on this?

Most people, fans & reporters, are still focused on 2018. Give it some time.

Archived