2018 4* CB Kyler McMichael (Clemson)

ellitor

11 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Well this is good news.   Would Clemson change to giving him a chance at Corner first just to keep him?   

They likely would have done that by now.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

This would be huge, I was wondering what we were doing at CB... Haven't seen anything other than jamari brown but he's gone.

We may only take 1 CB in this class FWIW.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We may only take 1 CB in this class FWIW.

Well why not one of the best then... Let's get er done T-WILL!

3 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Well this is good news.   Would Clemson change to giving him a chance at Corner first just to keep him?   

Certainly. "Being recruited as..." is pretty much meaningless mumbo-jumbo.  For instance, N.C. State had full intent to redshirt Phillip Rivers for a year while he transitioned to TE. That's what they expected when they signed him, they had just thrown QB out there to get him away from AU and UAT, both of whom wanted him for other positions. Now, when he got there he performed so well in what they thought was going to be a brief "tryout to fail" at QB that they left him there, but their initial intent was to move him immediately. This info came from an article that quoted one of the NC State coaches. Couple of years ago.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Certainly. "Being recruited as..." is pretty much meaningless mumbo-jumbo.  For instance, N.C. State had full intent to redshirt Phillip Rivers for a year while he transitioned to TE. That's what they expected when they signed him, they had just thrown QB out there to get him away from AU and UAT, both of whom wanted him for other positions. Now, when he got there he performed so well in what they thought was going to be a brief "tryout to fail" at QB that they left him there, but their initial intent was to move him immediately. This info came from an article that quoted one of the NC State coaches. Couple of years ago.

Great story...

4 hours ago, Beaker said:

Great story...

I like it when our coaches let the new players "try out" at their preferred position. Seems that avoiding such hard stances during recruitment like "we need you at x position" can be avoided, easily by saying "we will definitely give you a shot when you get here." Players can figure out where they are meant to be w/o having to step on their toes or hurt their psyche, and it helps with our recruiting as well.

How ironic that we're trying to flip Kyler from Clemson and now Clemson is trying to flip QM from us...:-\

So I am assuming they have not then...

All I can tell you is they want him at safety & he has preferred CB for quite a while. They got him committed cuz he got stary eyed about the chance of playing both ways for them.

So I am assuming they have not then...

I assume that means that they have done/are doing that.

If I was him I'd be set on playing corner too. But he'd start for us at safety and that's something he will really have to think about. 

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

All I can tell you is they want him at safety & he has preferred CB for quite a while. They got him committed cuz he got stary eyed about the chance of playing both ways for them.

I guess I never understood this part of recruiting. Some of these kids are such good athletes that why doesn't Clemson just say "fine, well let you play CB since even though we think you're better at safety" this pretty much keeps a rival from snagging him and I'm sure he'll still be an asset to the team at CB.

this would have to be the top secondary recruit we've snagged since Enrique Florence. Praying we get this kid

15 hours ago, Mikey said:

I assume that means that they have done/are doing that.

My point was that if he is rethinking things,. Then maybe Clemson is holding firm on the offer is for safety only.... 

13 hours ago, brad5628AU said:

I guess I never understood this part of recruiting. Some of these kids are such good athletes that why doesn't Clemson just say "fine, well let you play CB since even though we think you're better at safety" this pretty much keeps a rival from snagging him and I'm sure he'll still be an asset to the team at CB.

this would have to be the top secondary recruit we've snagged since Enrique Florence. Praying we get this kid

Clemson is signing another small class. They may not have room for a CB. No point lying to the kid.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Clemson is signing another small class. They may not have room for a CB. No point lying to the kid.

True. I actually didn't mean lying to him. I actually meant Clemson putting him at CB. 

if they lose McMichael, they are going to continue going hard for QM.

On 8/19/2017 at 0:24 PM, austudnt23 said:

He wants to play corner where we are recruiting him. Clemson is recruiting him at safety. Kid is a stud. He is definitely not solid to Clemson and listening to AU. He will definitely give us a good look and chance to flip him.

Yes Twill is a stud coach and recruiter.

Wow. Very good news. Kid is a baller. 

On 8/19/2017 at 9:54 PM, ellitor said:

Why in Sam hills do any of these kids believe that a college coach is going to play them both ways.  It simply is so rare as to be laughable.

On 8/20/2017 at 10:57 AM, brad5628AU said:

As I remember Florence didn't turn out to be one of the gems of his recruiting class

Archived