David Marsh out at Charlotte Swim Operation

AU64

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article151140542.html?CID=17023229&BSD_SID=29599

Swim coach David Marsh is out at Charlotte’s SwimMAC Carolina, The Observer has learned.

One of the most well-known swim clubs in America and the highest-profile coach it has ever employed have agreed to mutually – and immediately – separate after a decade together. Those 10 years included multiple Olympic medals won by Marsh’s top Charlotte-based swimmers.

“SwimMAC Carolina and Coach David Marsh have mutually agreed to part ways, bringing to a close Mr. Marsh's tenure at the club,” read a joint statement from Marsh and SwimMAC issued to The Observer Wednesday night. “The separation is effective immediately.”

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think Coach Marsh will return to Auburn while JJ is the AD. I suppose fences could have been mended but I doubt it.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I don't think Coach Marsh will return to Auburn while JJ is the AD. I suppose fences could have been mended but I doubt it.

Doubt he would go to any college...anywhere...AU or anyone else.  Apparently he is hard to manage ...thus what happened in Charlotte......he's likely doing just what he wants...and working pretty much for himself.

Jacobs needs to hand the keys to the front door of the now state of the art swim complex to marsh and turn around and walk away.marsh can email Jacobs pics of the trophys

I have a brilliant idea.....Fire Jacobs and bring in Marsh for AD. Championships will come in droves if this is done. I am not just talking about swimming but all Auburn sports.

On 6/7/2017 at 8:00 PM, AU64 said:

Doubt he would go to any college...anywhere...AU or anyone else.  Apparently he is hard to manage ...thus what happened in Charlotte......he's likely doing just what he wants...and working pretty much for himself.

The most successful coach in the history of Alabama college athletics (ten national championships) can be difficult to manage if he wants to be, though I don't think that's the case. JJ promised some rather minor improvements to the swimming complex, reneged on his promise and Marsh walked. Ask Coach Malzahn how JJ works that little trick.  I'd like to see Coach Marsh return to AU as the Director of Athletics.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

The most successful coach in the history of Alabama college athletics (ten national championships) can be difficult to manage if he wants to be, though I don't think that's the case. JJ promised some rather minor improvements to the swimming complex, reneged on his promise and Marsh walked. Ask Coach Malzahn how JJ works that little trick.  I'd like to see Coach Marsh return to AU as the Director of Athletics.

All you say might be true...but surely you accept that hardly anyone outside of AU gives a rip about what he did for the swimming program.   When you are in a non-revenue sport you need to remember your place..    Otherwise, you get like minded alums and fans of the swimming team to donate the money to get done what you want done.   JMO

As for AD....I have no problem there ...and he might have a better understanding of what JJ (or any AD) faces with 22 sports ...and almost all of them being financially dependent on football.  

When you are piling up nattys and sec championships by the wheelbarrow load, you ought to get some reasonable upgrades.

dont forget, the student body gets to use the swimming pool.  Or at least we used to.  Don't get to use the other facilities I don't believe.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:31 AM, Mikey said:

Amen Mikey!  My stomach turned when we lost Coach Marsh.  Saban is beyond difficult to manage and bammer knows and will nuke Fort Knox if that is what it would take to keep him. I know swimming and football are not in the same ballpark, but winning NCs on a regular basis in swimming only improves our image as a school that is making honest strides to compete on the national level in as many sports as possible. JJ has never set well with me. I know we can do so much better with regard to the AD position.

JJ has managed to back into some good hires with Bruce Pearl being near the top. Gus could be there and it is my most sincere prayer and wish that he does. I think he is micro-evolving in the right direction. He has done some nice hires with his assistant coaches of late and this should pay off dividends in the near future.

Bring Coach Marsh back asap JJ. Do this, and my respect level for you will go up several notches.  I hope that Butch Thompson will put it together next year and not fold down the stretch. Our Softball program is in super hands no doubt. Do not let those corndog alligator turds beat us next year in any games. Same goes for baseball, football, and any sports against those purple and gold cornies. Send Lsu to the Big 12 or any conference that will take them. Today is my anti-Lsu day and I am going  to celebrate it all day and bring out my roll of toilet paper that has LSU all over it. Seriously folks....I have this and was given to me a long while ago by a friend who found these at a flea market.

On 6/11/2017 at 0:33 PM, AU64 said:

All you say might be true...but surely you accept that hardly anyone outside of AU gives a rip about what he did for the swimming program.   When you are in a non-revenue sport you need to remember your place..    Otherwise, you get like minded alums and fans of the swimming team to donate the money to get done what you want done.   JMO

As for AD....I have no problem there ...and he might have a better understanding of what JJ (or any AD) faces with 22 sports ...and almost all of them being financially dependent on football.  

Seriously,  no one cares about other sports?   I got as much enjoyment at AU winning NC in swimming as I did winning the 2010 football NC.  AU was winning multiple championships in swimming.  

20 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Seriously,  no one cares about other sports?   I got as much enjoyment at AU winning NC in swimming as I did winning the 2010 football NC.  AU was winning multiple championships in swimming.  

I understand that all sports have a following...but you have to admit I think,  that if many people truly cared there would be more financial support.  I was proud to see AU winning those championships...but when Marsh left I expect that like the majority of AU fans I just shrugged.....sorry. 

• 2 weeks later...

Marsh moving out west to San Diego to coach a Div II team ....surprised some bigger program did not lure him...:-\

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article158386149.html?CID=17023229&BSD_SID=29984

Archived