Antwaun Jackson & Marlon Character Transferring (Merged)

ClaytonAU

48 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Ellis Johnson had his moments at AU, but I can't give him credit for this.

This is from, what looks to be, an updated version of that previous article I posted (updated(?) version with new info: http://www.tomahawknation.com/2014/1/8/5290644/kelvin-benjamin-appears-to-tell-jimbo-fisher-auburn-coach-dameyune)

Excerpt: "And after the first drive off the second half, ESPN's cameras capture audio appearing to come from receiver Kelvin Benjamin, shouting at and over a discussion between Jameis Winston and Jimbo Fisher. "Dameyune [Craig] calling [out] all the plays," the audio says. Craig, of course, coached for Fisher from 2010 to 2012 before leaving for Auburn."

And, how exactly would anyone on the FSU sidelines know what was happening on the Auburn sidelines? Not saying Craig didn't play a part, after all, as long as he's worked with Jimbo, he'd know his style, but he could have easily sat down with the defensive staff and told them things to look for, too.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

And, how exactly would anyone on the FSU sidelines know what was happening on the Auburn sidelines? Not saying Craig didn't play a part, after all, as long as he's worked with Jimbo, he'd know his style, but he could have easily sat down with the defensive staff and told them things to look for, too.

Sure, but I mean Craig is on the field and it's not crazy to think Benjamin would line up on the AU sideline side of the field (he did multiple times) and hear Craig yelling out what was coming -- as that article is essentially saying that is exactly what happened minus the lining up to the AU sideline part which I will admit is my own assumption but that is just me putting 2 and 2 together. This really isn't even opinion or something really that's open for interpretation to be honest, as this is being reported as something that actually happened so IDK how you can disagree with ESPN cameras catching Kelvin telling his coach that DC is yelling out their plays

29 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Sure, but I mean Craig is on the field and it's not crazy to think Benjamin would line up on the AU sideline side of the field (he did multiple times) and hear Craig yelling out what was coming -- as that article is essentially saying that is exactly what happened minus the lining up to the AU sideline part which I will admit is my own assumption but that is just me putting 2 and 2 together. This really isn't even opinion or something really that's open for interpretation to be honest, as this is being reported as something that actually happened so IDK how you can disagree with ESPN cameras catching Kelvin telling his coach that DC is yelling out their plays

That would be my assumption as well. 

It is not unrealistic that in both games, signals were being picked up. There does not need to be a dramatic turn around for that to be the case. In fact, I hope we do it more often.

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

If there was actual audio on the broadcast, than that is irrefutable. As to Benjamin's knowledge of who was doing what on the sidelines, that's totally refutable.  You know they went into the game with a chip on their shoulder about Craig, because he left, so if they felt like we knew their plays the players would immediately point their finger at him. I guarantee you, if Craig was calling out the plays, he wasn't yelling it.  He was quietly telling the coach who was calling in the D. the last thing you do when you are reading signals is make it obvious. 

On 6/12/2017 at 3:38 PM, lionheartkc said:

If there was actual audio on the broadcast, than that is irrefutable. As to Benjamin's knowledge of who was doing what on the sidelines, that's totally refutable.  You know they went into the game with a chip on their shoulder about Craig, because he left, so if they felt like we knew their plays the players would immediately point their finger at him. I guarantee you, if Craig was calling out the plays, he wasn't yelling it.  He was quietly telling the coach who was calling in the D. the last thing you do when you are reading signals is make it obvious. 

We can agree that we took different things from the article, good sir! :cheers:

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hopefully we don't cave when ESPN picks up the story. 

On 6/12/2017 at 0:38 PM, lionheartkc said:

The bigger point to be made is, if CDC knew what the play was and could read it. Should he tell his teams defensive unit..yep. make them change it up and that's what they did and they won. Seems like fair game to me

Not gonna read the whole thread to see if this was brought up, but when you see some oddball entries of schools a player can't transfer to, it's almost never the coach being a dick for no reason.  OSU was one of his finalists.  And sometimes, some staffs don't "let it go" with a kid after he's signed somewhere.  If you see some random school like OSU and not one of the other school in their conference like Michigan, and that school isn't on a foreseeable future schedule it's because the coach believes that school has been "interfering" with the kid and they aren't going to just let them get away with it.

7 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

The bigger point to be made is, if CDC knew what the play was and could read it. Should he tell his teams defensive unit..yep. make them change it up and that's what they did and they won. Seems like fair game to me

Totally fair game, though I would argue that even if we were reading the signals and they changed it up, it didn't make much of a difference in the game, overall. I still contend that we lost as much because of a pulled hammy on special teams as anything else.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

*they're

Looks like he'd have been better off staying at Auburn and getting a better education.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

*they're

[they're]...their...

He did get it half-right

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Not gonna read the whole thread to see if this was brought up, but when you see some oddball entries of schools a player can't transfer to, it's almost never the coach being a dick for no reason.  OSU was one of his finalists.  And sometimes, some staffs don't "let it go" with a kid after he's signed somewhere.  If you see some random school like OSU and not one of the other school in their conference like Michigan, and that school isn't on a foreseeable future schedule it's because the coach believes that school has been "interfering" with the kid and they aren't going to just let them get away with it.

Interesting insight. Hadn't considered that. Certainly a possible, plausible explanation. 

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

What??? Urban do something underhanded and of low character... never :) (that's sarcasm, in case E reads it)

Just now, lionheartkc said:

What??? Urban do something underhanded and of low character... never :) (that's sarcasm, in case E reads it)

Could be Urban, could be a coach on the staff.  But I think it's pretty indicative that Gus believes OSU has been stirring up problems with AJ.

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Could be Urban, could be a coach on the staff.  But I think it's pretty indicative that Gus believes OSU has been stirring up problems with AJ.

I'd lay money on Urban... he's never gotten over the fact that he never beat us, and we got Cam after he let him go.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw that Jackson going to Juco now....guess that is a way to beat the transfer rule and still get some playing time.   Thinking he will be at Ga next season? 

Archived