Antwaun Jackson & Marlon Character Transferring (Merged)

ClaytonAU

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Careful... our boy Cam has already been photographed in one of those ridiculous rompers.

Not a romper-fake news! shorts and shirt that match. Surely even cutting edge Cam wouldn't wear those romper things!!!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, toddc said:

Not a romper-fake news! shorts and shirt that match. Surely even cutting edge Cam wouldn't wear those romper things!!!

With that fabric, it sure looked like romper.

21 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

CO SIGN THIS!!! I will take a knee on this one and accept full blame and responsibility.

Once a Goob , always a Goob.

My thoughts:

I agree that CGM should not tolerate fighting etc. I think CGM still sees the impact of Duke Williams issues on the 2014 and 2015 teams. I think the Duke issues may have impacted JJ's mental state from which he never recovered.

Regarding AJ, we will have to see where he lands and how he turns out. If he becomes an all-star and top NFL prospect, then perhaps CRG's coaching methods can be questioned. If AJ flames out, then it is likely not the fault of CRG that AJ transferred.

Depends on the situation, but if we are kicking guys off the team for fighting this goes hand in hand when other teams say we aren't tough or they could look at us and tell we didn't want a physical game as the game went on....it's football....you fight. Heck you even fight in basketball you're certainly going to have fights in football

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

Depends on the situation, but if we are kicking guys off the team for fighting this goes hand in hand when other teams say we aren't tough or they could look at us and tell we didn't want a physical game as the game went on....it's football....you fight. Heck you even fight in basketball you're certainly going to have fights in football

I agree it depends greatly on where the fighting occurs as to the effect it has on the team. I could see where a fight breaking out at practice where tempers flare could correlate to the toughness of the players and the fight in them. On the other hand if a fight breaks out among teammates somewhere else on campus or off then to me it's not a good sign. That's makes it personal and that's a completely different thing. 

4 hours ago, gr82be said:

I agree it depends greatly on where the fighting occurs as to the effect it has on the team. I could see where a fight breaking out at practice where tempers flare could correlate to the toughness of the players and the fight in them. On the other hand if a fight breaks out among teammates somewhere else on campus or off then to me it's not a good sign. That's makes it personal and that's a completely different thing. 

Based on CGM track record, I imagine it was an off the field incident , especially since the other guy is still on the team .

I do think that team chemistry is very important to all successful seasons/teams.   The coaches have to constantly have their finger on the pulse of the locker room and sometimes there is addition by subtraction. 

On 5/19/2017 at 9:43 PM, cole256 said:

Do you have some link that indicates a fight was involved? It could have been something entirely different. Just as likely to be "borrowing" the other guy's new threads for the weekend. More than once. There are hundreds of things that could have happened, fighting is only one of the many possibilities

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Do you have some link that indicates a fight was involved? It could have been something entirely different. Just as likely to be "borrowing" the other guy's new threads for the weekend. More than once. There are hundreds of things that could have happened, fighting is only one of the many possibilities

So out of ALL the people that has talked about fighting you quote me and ask for a link...man please. But if you read my post you can see I said if that is the case...I didn't say I knew it was one way or the other

Just now, cole256 said:

So out of ALL the people that has talked about fighting you quote me and ask for a link...man please. But if you read my post you can see I said if that is the case...I didn't say I knew it was one way or the other

What you did was allude that fighting was involved and then go on to criticize our program because "tough guys fight" and since we kick players off for fighting we've got a team of wimps. Never mind that you haven't got the slightest clue that Character is gone for fighting.

12 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What you did was allude that fighting was involved and then go on to criticize our program because "tough guys fight" and since we kick players off for fighting we've got a team of wimps. Never mind that you haven't got the slightest clue that Character is gone for fighting.

So you still going to ignore the word if huh? Then you're going to use quotation marks on something I didn't say. What I will say is you're an idiot if you don't think fights will happen when guys are competing with each other for something they have dreamed of and they spend more time with each other than with their families and testosterone and adrenalin is pumping most of the time they are together and they are playing a contact sport....I mean you like to argue about dumb stuff but this is extra dumb....you must be counting on people to pop up and agree with you because they don't like me

On 5/19/2017 at 9:43 PM, cole256 said:

:bow:

All this talk of  non-violence on a freaking football message board is comical.

Guess there is fighting on the practice field which erupts in the heat of the moment...and which is sometime tolerated by some coaches if the guys "let it go" once they are done with the scrap.     But off field incidents are different in my view and probably in Gus's view too. 

On 5/20/2017 at 10:18 AM, DAG said:

Based on CGM track record, I imagine it was an off the field incident , especially since the other guy is still on the team .

And, the fact that there currently isn't any "on the field" going on.

1 hour ago, keesler said:

:bow:

All this talk of  non-violence on a freaking football message board is comical.

So you're saying being a football player gives you a pass for being a thug?

4 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

The mental gymnastics you perform on a daily basis on this board are truly unparalleled. 

7 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Are you implying that a football player fighting means they're a thug? 

So the people with kids mean to tell me two brothers or sisters NEVER fought? Gtho.  And it's usually from not having space and seeing each other all the time....the sensitivity on here is amazing

I would probably be more worried if we didn't have a couple of fights during practices. As long as it is deaded on field of course .

17 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Are you implying that a football player fighting means they're a thug? 

Off the field... yes. 

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Off the field... yes. 

So anytime a football player is involved in a fight off the field he is considered a thug in your mind? 

I was an athlete at one point in my life and was involved in fisticuffs outside of the court a couple times over the years. Would I be considered a thug? Not needling you, lion, just trying to understand. I never took you as as a blanket statement kind of dude considering you dive deep into the details of certain topics to help form your opinion.

Archived