Antwaun Jackson & Marlon Character Transferring (Merged)

ClaytonAU

On 6/1/2017 at 7:42 PM, auburn4ever said:

I might be the only SEC fan who does, but I like Urban Meyer. Iwould love to have many of people be a part of our staff.

'we would all love that s*** but it don't work that way

I

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Read where his appeal was denied. Serious question. Why will we not let him go wherever he wants? I get, you don't want the kid to go to a rival school in our conference, but if the kid wants to go there let him, IMO. Are we afraid that we'll play the team he goes to & he drastically has an impact on the outcome? Does anybody with any insight to these kind of things have an opinion? 

Choices have consequences. Good ones get rewarded and bad ones get punished. Breaking a commitment is not a good choice

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Choices have consequences. Good ones get rewarded and bad ones get punished. Breaking a commitment is not a good choice

Probably the best response I have seen in favor of not allowing a transfer school of choice.  

I respect that perspective, and I know this is an issue that all of us have strong opinions on. My perspective is twofold. First, having to sit out a year is penalty enough for his choice to leave. Second, coaches should be held to the same standard they expect of teenagers. They break commitments to kids and schools all the time, usually without any penalty at all. Just my opinion. 

...and also Muck Fuschamp

He decided he deserved to be GM at a Golden Corral, rather than the Kitchen Manager at Ruth's Chris, and now he's trying to poach from us because his food tastes like the corns off a hobo's foot. Keep telling people how amazing your cheese fountain is going to be...

1 hour ago, EclecticTiger said:

He decided he deserved to be GM at a Golden Corral, rather than the Kitchen Manager at Ruth's Chris, and now he's trying to poach from us because his food tastes like the corns off a hobo's foot. Keep telling people how amazing your cheese fountain is going to be...

:blink:

4 hours ago, EclecticTiger said:

Wait -- Golden Corral has a cheese fountain?

7 hours ago, EclecticTiger said:

My goodness , but yes WM apparently recruited this kid and then left him in the dust for "greener pastures." Let him figure out how to financially help him with school while he is sitting out for a year. Seems to me the blame should be put on the right entities .

1 hour ago, aubcali said:

Wait -- Golden Corral has a cheese fountain?

Well, they call it "cheese" in much the same way Muschamp calls that an "offense". You can stick your finger in there if you'd like, but like Mike Leach, I'll pass :puke:

8 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Thanks for the input. I see your perspective now Bird. 

Another thing to consider: the plays and schemes they know we are running this season.  An example is the 2013 season when we hired DC.  Word was that in the National Championship game, Craig knew all of the Florida State offensive calls and yelled them out to us.  During halftime, Florida State had to change all of the calls.  

On 6/11/2017 at 6:56 AM, Gowebb11 said:

I respect that perspective, and I know this is an issue that all of us have strong opinions on. My perspective is twofold. First, having to sit out a year is penalty enough for his choice to leave. Second, coaches should be held to the same standard they expect of teenagers. They break commitments to kids and schools all the time, usually without any penalty at all. Just my opinion. 

He has the opportunity to go anywhere he wants, after a year. He just has to spend that year at JuCo.

Part of why coaches don't let kids transfer to conference schools... especially after participating in Spring... is those kids now have a level of insight into Auburn football that they don't want made available. Believe me, if they could write it into coaches contracts that they couldn't go to rival schools, they'd do that, too. 

12 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Another thing to consider: the plays and schemes they know we are running this season.  An example is the 2013 season when we hired DC.  Word was that in the National Championship game, Craig knew all of the Florida State offensive calls and yelled them out to us.  During halftime, Florida State had to change all of the calls.  

While you are on the right track, I'm certain the Florida State story is nonsense made up by an FSU fan who was trying to explain how we had them early on. Jimbo is no where near stupid enough to use calls that he knows an opposing coach knows. The only time a coach gets caught in that kind of situation is when they are unaware that the opposing team has had access to their playbook.

27 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

While you are on the right track, I'm certain the Florida State story is nonsense made up by an FSU fan who was trying to explain how we had them early on. Jimbo is no where near stupid enough to use calls that he knows an opposing coach knows. The only time a coach gets caught in that kind of situation is when they are unaware that the opposing team has had access to their playbook.

If I remember correctly, this was reported during the TV broadcast of the game.  I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure the sideline reporter was talking about it and she also said that Winston had to run to the sideline and tell Fisher that they were predicting every move he made.

Not only that, there was an article soon after the title game where Jimbo himself said that Craig knew their signals.

Just now, Tiger said:

Not only that, there was an article soon after the title game where Jimbo himself said that Craig knew their signals.

I'd love to see that article.  That's just Jimbo admitting he's an idiot. Of course a coach who just left your program knows your signals, if you don't change them up.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

I'd love to see that article.  That's just Jimbo admitting he's an idiot. Of course a coach who just left your program knows your signals, if you don't change them up.

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2014/1/7/5285078/florida-state-towels-auburn-signal-steal-jimbo-craig

I can't find the original article that I saw back in '13. But it was an al.com article. 

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2014/1/7/5285078/florida-state-towels-auburn-signal-steal-jimbo-craig

I can't find the original article that I saw back in '13. But it was an al.com article. 

Ahhhh... that makes a lot more sense.  What they are actually saying is that we were picking up on tendencies in the play calling (i.e. good Defensive Coordination). and acting on them, so they made sure we couldn't see the actual call.

It's not like the 2010 Iron Bowl, where the first and second halves were night and day (to reference another game were there was talk of signal stealing).  We still held our own on D against Florida State in the second half, and probably would have won if it weren't for a pulled hammy.

11 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

It's not like the 2010 Iron Bowl, where the first and second halves were night and day (to reference another game were there was talk of signal stealing).  We still held our own on D against Florida State in the second half, and probably would have won if it weren't for a pulled hammy.

I know this is off topic, but what happened in the 2010 game?  I should know this, but I was not aware.  Did Alabama know our calls in the first half?

Just now, abw0004 said:

I know this is off topic, but what happened in the 2010 game?  I should know this, but I was not aware.  Did Alabama know our calls i the first half?

There was talk that they were stealing signals, which was why we were unable to do anything in the first half. Word is that Gus changed up the play calling at halftime. What of that is true, I don't know, but the night and day difference in the two halves gives the story credence.

19 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Ahhhh... that makes a lot more sense.  What they are actually saying is that we were picking up on tendencies in the play calling (i.e. good Defensive Coordination). and acting on them, so they made sure we couldn't see the actual call.

I didn't draw that conclusion from the article at all. Jimbo flatly said "They had a couple of our signals a couple times and were getting to them." It's completely within the rules and nothing to be ashamed of. Craig knew their signals because he had spent years there and we used it to our advantage until we couldn't. That's how I read it anyway.

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

"They had a couple of our signals a couple times and were getting to them"

I translate that as we were picking up on their tendencies. If we went in knowing the playbook, we would have more than a couple, a couple of times.

It is completely within the rules, which is why I called it "good Defensive Coordination".

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I translate that as we were picking up on their tendencies. If we went in knowing the playbook, we would have more than a couple, a couple of times.

It is completely within the rules, which is why I called it "good Defensive Coordination".

Ellis Johnson had his moments at AU, but I can't give him credit for this.

This is from, what looks to be, an updated version of that previous article I posted (updated(?) version with new info: http://www.tomahawknation.com/2014/1/8/5290644/kelvin-benjamin-appears-to-tell-jimbo-fisher-auburn-coach-dameyune)

Excerpt: "And after the first drive off the second half, ESPN's cameras capture audio appearing to come from receiver Kelvin Benjamin, shouting at and over a discussion between Jameis Winston and Jimbo Fisher. "Dameyune [Craig] calling [out] all the plays," the audio says. Craig, of course, coached for Fisher from 2010 to 2012 before leaving for Auburn."

Archived