Approval of Gus - poll

LKEEL75

8 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

I do not think it is, or should be, that simple.  Who were the losses to, and what were the circumstances?  Were significant injuries a factor?  Was the idiotic 3 QB hydra gameplan employed again?  With a few different bounces of the ball and/or luck, even the 2010 team could have been 8-5.  That said, I do think there will be, at a minimum, tremendous pressure if he manages to lose to UGA and Bama again.  The portion of the fanbase (and likely boosters) for whom that is simply unacceptable is too large.

I agree. I think all seasons should be reviewed in the manner you mentioned. 

Our last season seems bad on paper but it really wasn't considering our QB and RBs were hurt. Even with that as a crutch to lean on we should've had a better season. But what hurts so much about it was that we were teased with a possible SECW championship but blew it bc of coaching blunders even playing short handed (vs UGA at least...Clemson is just unspeakable at this point).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lkeel75 said:

Mods feel free to lock this thread.  The poll is over and this is just going to be a Gus bashing thread.

Forgive me if I sound like s jackass, but why even create this thread if this was part of your concern ? You created a thread titled Approval of Gus AND reference somebody else's poll, which gives very opposite spectrum choices . Did you really expect individuals from either side to not voice why or why not they strongly approve or disapprove such decisions ?

And now you are asking them to lock a thread based on a pandora box that you opened . The sad thing is you probably could just delete yourself . MODs have a hard enough job dealing with a**holes like myself , but I have to belief when they see things like this, they have to be shaking their head.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Forgive me if I sound like s jackass, but why even create this thread if this was part of your concern ? You created a thread titled Approval of Gus AND reference somebody else's poll, which gives very opposite spectrum choices . Did you really expect individuals from either side to not voice why or why not they strongly approve or disapprove such decisions ?

And now you are asking them to lock a thread based on a pandora box that you opened . The sad thing is you probably could just delete yourself . MODs have a hard enough job dealing with a**holes like myself , but I have to belief when they see things like this, they have to be shaking their head.

I created the thread because of the poll.  I have also already said in this thread that I was not trying to start some Gus bashing thread.  I just thought it was interesting that someone was taking a poll on the subject and what others thought.  Rather than those on this forum who seem to scream the loudest.  I frankly don't care if they lock it or not.  I will just stop reading the thread.

1 minute ago, lkeel75 said:

I created the thread because of the poll.  I have also already said in this thread that I was not trying to start some Gus bashing thread.  I just thought it was interesting that someone was taking a poll on the subject and what others thought.  Rather than those on this forum who seem to scream the loudest.  I frankly don't care if they lock it or not.  I will just stop reading the thread.

That is fair . I am just saying hot topics on these threads are Gus, anything SW and our current AD. You are asking for some serious disagreement if you create threads with these topic headings . Like asking twitter or Facebook what do you think of trump or Obama and hoping no one doesn't bash them. Not going to happen.

On 5/19/2017 at 1:47 PM, bigbird said:

The vocal minority always throw the biggest fits

Right you are!  Read the comments on news articles at Yahoo! some time and you'll come away thinking that most Americans are absolutely insane.  The negative nellies have boundless energy for whining and complaining.

3 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

If we go 8-5 again, 2 of those loses will be to LSU and Bammer.

giphy.gif

38 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

If we go 8-5 again, 2 of those loses will be to LSU and Bammer.

If Auburn goes 8-5 this season and 2 of the losses aren't LSU and Bama we've got bigger problems than we ever thought we could have. 

Archived