Baseball vs Ole Miss game 2

Where has this team been the last two weeks.....hitting the ball again...leading OM 4-0 in top of the 4th.

Davis Daniel pitching....some nice Ks and has managed to keep OM off the score board thus far but gives up a lead-off double to open the top the inning.

It looks like a lot of the guys are a little more clean cut this weekend.  Cut the bad vibes off with their long hair. Noticed with Keegan and Roberts in game one.  Whatever works. 

AU now leads 9-0. Davis Daniels doing a good job on the mound and the defense has been really good tonight. The bats finally caught fire and it's a great night for AU baseball.

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

It looks like a lot of the guys are a little more clean cut this weekend.  Cut the bad vibes off with their long hair. Noticed with Keegan and Roberts in game one.  Whatever works. 

The long hair mojo stopped working...lol. Light-hearted superstitions are such a fun part of baseball. 

• WarTiger changed the title to Baseball vs Ole Miss game 2

Good to see AU fighting again. Shaking off the uat and LSU series was crucial to fingimg some success in the post season. 

35 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Final score? Other minor details? :)

9-1 Auburn.  

Davis Daniel moved up a day after Mize couldn't go ("minor arm discomfort").  Went 6 1/3 gave up four hits, one run and struck out 8.  

Offense had 13 hits, including 5 doubles and a triple.

Oh, and did anybody mention they all cut their hair?

Also, Klobo pitched the last 2 and two-thirds innings- not as good as his LSU outing, but only surrendered one run (charged to Davis Daniel) and saved the bullpen for tomorrow. Tomorrow is a big day for seeding- a win and we, I think, will at least be ranked sixth, with a possibility of getting the 5 seed. A loss, and we could be ranked  as low as eighth. 

Game three is very important to Ole Miss also.

A loss could possibly take them out of the NCAA tournament. Looks to me as if they are on the margin . 

And, I also recall seeing that Bianco is under some heat. Considering his record , that is hard to believe but you never know in the SEC.. 

10 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

They never stopped.

Guess i didn't really mean it that way. More like, good to see them not let the season they have fought so hard for take a sour turn near the end and turn it into a disasterous end. 

They played a great game.  The entire lineup, pitching, fielding and base running.  Very very solid win. They also looked more focused.  I'm all for playing loose in dugout but they seemed to be in to the game more

Archived