NCAA Softball Tournament

I was hoping to have 1 thread to cover the tourney, except our individual game threads of course.  Mods, can we keep this in the Softball forum so we can stay in one place? 

In other action from day 1, Minnesota looks good and will give the Turds a run for their money today.  Same thing with ULL and LSU today.  Also, while only 1 inning played before rain yesterday,  OU is down 0-2 to NDSU. I would love for that to hold. 

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

What time does Auburn play today?

AU plays at 11am cst today.  Game was moved up due to threat of rainout.

• WarTiger changed the title to NCAA Softball Championship

NDSU is giving OU all they can handle in Norman. In the 9th 2-2. 

1 minute ago, OlderWhiskey said:

NDSU just took the lead in top 9.

Yup. Never thought OU could see the loser's bracket in their regional. Should they lose, they'll have to face Arkansas again, I believe, for the right to face NDSU again. 

Heck of a play at short. 1 out to go with a big bat at the plate. 

1 minute ago, OlderWhiskey said:

NDSU wins!

That was their opening round game. Gotta play Arky in the loser's bracket. NDSU plays Tulsa in the winner's bracket. 

Awesome that OU lost.  Find the magic ARK to put them out. 

15 minutes ago, jared52 said:

uat beats Minn in a walk off walk. Looked like strike 2, but called a ball. 

Umps had rough days everywhere. 

I don't know we'll win the whole thing, but I love watching our lady Tigers. I bet they could beat our men's baseball team.

Oklahoma lost to North Dakota State today , a team with only a dozen players available. A big time upset.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

I don't know we'll win the whole thing, but I love watching our lady Tigers. I bet they could beat our men's baseball team.

That's probably the stupidest statement ever on this board.

2 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

That's probably the stupidest statement ever on this board.

Surely he meant in Monopoly. 

Ore-Wisconsin game has been nuts. Oregon got up 3-0, Wisky came to take a 5-3 lead to the top of ge 7th (Oregon is the away team in the game) and Oregon ties it. Oregon just took a 6-5 lead in the top of the 8th on a catchers interference call. Still not real clear on when that's interference. Cather seemed to play that well just like Carlee did earlier in the season when she was called do it. The ball and the runner got to the catcher at almost the same time. 

Cal has runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out in the top of the 2nd in the elimination game of our regional. 

Bases jacked 1 out.

K. Bases jacked 2 outs. 

E6 scores a run. Bases still jacked 2 out.

Groundout 4-3 ends the ending. Cal 1 - ND 0 going to the bottom of the 2nd. 

41 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Ore-Wisconsin game has been nuts. Oregon got up 3-0, Wisky came to take a 5-3 lead to the top of ge 7th (Oregon is the away team in the game) and Oregon ties it. Oregon just took a 6-5 lead in the top of the 8th on a catchers interference call. Still not real clear on when that's interference. Cather seemed to play that well just like Carlee did earlier in the season when she was called do it. The ball and the runner got to the catcher at almost the same time. 

I thought Wisconsin got screwed there.  The catcher has to have a right to field a thrown ball.  As long as the ball is on its way there, it shouldn't be interference, IMO.  I need to check the rule on it and see what we are missing.  

Notre Dame has taken the lead in the bottom 4th with a 3 run jack. 

Cal has the bases loaded with 1 out. 

Pretty vocal crowd at AU considering the teams are from such distant locations.   Looks like AU is doing a nice job as host....other than failing to plan better weather.

Infield single scores a run. Bases still loaded. Steady rain coming down now.

Archived