NCAA Softball Tournament

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a question.  Has any OU athletic team ever come to Auburn to play?  I know we've played them in different sports at neutral sites, but anytime in Auburn?

I don't think so in regards to the major sports,  but it would not hurt my feelings if they receive a rude welcome from our Lady Tigers on the scoreboard this weekend.  Would love for an explosion on offense for Auburn and for our Aces to deal.  I know the odds are against us with their pitching Paige's.

10 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I don't think so in regards to the major sports,  but it would not hurt my feelings if they receive a rude welcome from our Lady Tigers on the scoreboard this weekend.  Would love for an explosion on offense for Auburn and for our Aces to deal.  I know the odds are against us with their pitching Paige's.

The teams that did well against Page were the ones who were patient and stayed away from her rise ball . That has been an issue for Auburn this year … And maybe for all softball players considering how successful she has been.

Still , Auburn mostly plays a patient game and is willing to take walks . Hope that continues . 

How awesome would it be for Courtney to get a GW hit in this series?!  She felt horrible after the last at bat in CWS last year, when she gave an outstanding at bat.

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

How awesome would it be for Courtney to get a GW hit in this series?!  She felt horrible after the last at bat in CWS last year, when she gave an outstanding at bat.

That would be poetic justice and even more so if it was a walk-off homer to send AU to WCWS

4 minutes ago, GBAU83 said:

That would be poetic justice and even more so if it was a walk-off homer to send AU to WCWS

Only if it has to come down to that though. haha.  I would rather run rule them twice.

22 hours ago, ellitor said:

1 of them is projected as a 1st round pick. Doubt he is a future AU Tiger in the end.

Who is this kid?

38 minutes ago, tgr4lfe said:

Who is this kid?

24 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Cody Greenhill

I confused him with Tanner Burns but Burns went to Decatur. He is a projected 1st rounder. Greenhill is projected to go in the top 6 or 7 rounds. Both could be very tough to keep.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I confused him with Tanner Burns but Burns went to Decatur. He is a projected 1st rounder. Greenhill is projected to go in the top 6 or 7 rounds. Both could be very tough to keep.

Yeah you had me confused about Cody but I haven't kept up with BB draft projection.......I depend on you for that:beer2:

9 minutes ago, jared52 said:

uat in the driver's seat over UF taking game 1 3-0. 

Really don't like bammer, but I can't say I'm totally upset about it.  Can't stand the gators either

Ole Miss scores 5 in the 6th inning to tie the game vs. UCLA and it goes extra innings and UCLA wins it 8-7 in 11 innings.

On 5/23/2017 at 9:50 PM, AUBwins said:

That ain't going to happen. This team doesnt have the firepower or consistent gap hitters past say #5. It's going to be low scoring games that we will have to win. Pitching will be the key if we win. 

3 hours ago, WarTiger said:

Ole Miss scores 5 in the 6th inning to tie the game vs. UCLA and it goes extra innings and UCLA wins it 8-7 in 11 innings.

That was a heck of a game!  There are going to be many Super Regional games like coming up i think.  I'll be shocked if anyone wins in 2 games.  Some really good teams in the Supers.

1 hour ago, tgr4lfe said:

That was a heck of a game!  There are going to be many Super Regional games like coming up i think.  I'll be shocked if anyone wins in 2 games.  Some really good teams in the Supers.

With 8 series going on I'll take that bet. What are you wagering?

15 hours ago, jared52 said:

uat in the driver's seat over UF taking game 1 3-0. 

Yeah, bad errors by florida cost them in the game.  A walk, bunt with an attempt to get the lead runner at second (didn't), another bunt overthrow at first, another bunt and another overthrow at first scores 3 runs for uat.  All three bunts fielded and bad throws by the florida ace pitcher Barnhill.  Florida later had the bases loaded but couldn't score.

5 hours ago, steeleagle said:

That ain't going to happen. This team doesnt have the firepower or consistent gap hitters past say #5. It's going to be low scoring games that we will have to win. Pitching will be the key if we win. 

agree with pitching needing to be sharp but auburn is 24th in the country in scoring according to ncaa.com. Auburn does need to have cooper and fagans bats stay hot. 

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

With 8 series going on I'll take that bet. What are you wagering?

You will provide a cooler of adult beverages at a tailgate this fall.  :Sing:

6 hours ago, tgr4lfe said:

You will provide a cooler of adult beverages at a tailgate this fall.  :Sing:

Damn rebel bears. Guess I owe you a cooler. :-\

Did anyone notice that the pitcher for UCLA threw 232 pitches in Thursday night's 10 inning game against Ole Miss?  Wow.  By the time she graduates, she won't be able to write her name with that arm.

Felt bad for Kentucky tonight.  Took a 5-2 lead into the 7th, and gave up 4 runs in top 7 to lose it.  They really need a topnotch pitcher.

10 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Felt bad for Kentucky tonight.  Took a 5-2 lead into the 7th, and gave up 4 runs in top 7 to lose it.  They really need a topnotch pitcher.

Looks to me like they needed some umps that would call the game down the middle. This year's regionals & super regionals have exposed how bad softball umping is everywhere. It's a glaring weakness that sorely needs to be addressed.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Looks to me like they needed some umps that would call the game down the middle. This year's regionals & subregionals have exposed how bad softball umping is everywhere. It's a glaring weakness that sorely needs to be addressed.

I agree with that, forgot to mention it. There were some outrageous ball calls on Prince in the 7th.  Not a good time for the ump to reset the strike zone.  Even the announcers in that game commented on it.  Also, 3d base umpire in one game called an illegal pitch that allowed a run to score. (yesterday) Can't remember for sure which game, but the female announcer was heatedly against the call. 

Archived