NCAA Softball Tournament

Wow.  Florida gaps it and ties the game.  Moves to 3rd on the throw home. 

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THANK GOODNESS!!! I do not want oklahoma to win another one. I cannot stand gasso.

Now Florida starter Barnhill coming back in.  

Just heard that twice Florida was down to final strike before tying. Bottom 7th was the other time.  Pretty resilient bunch. 

OU loads the bases again with one out. A 3-2 fc and K end the inning. To the bottom of 16 we go.

Since they played more than 14 innings does the winner get credit 2 wins and ends the series there?

17th. The pitchers in the primary duo from both teams have each pitched a full game's worth.  The starters for both teams have reentered the game.  Gourley and Parker are done.  Just amazing performances all around. 

Just now, AUBwins said:

17th. All 4 aces for both teams have each pitched a full game's worth.  The starters for both teams have reentered the game.  Gourley and Parker are done.  Just amazing performances all around. 

Pretty sure both teams have 3 aces each.

Just now, ellitor said:

Pretty sure both teams have 3 aces each.

I was about to edit the wording. I am sure they have a legit 3rd pitcher but the primary duo for both teams is what I was referring to. Plus they may want to save someone for tomorrow's game. 

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I was about to edit the wording. I am sure they have a legit 3rd pitcher but the primary duo for both teams is what I was referring to. Plus they may want to save someone for tomorrow's game. 

That freshman for OU that beat us is an ace even though she doesn't get credit for it. She has started the games Parker didn't all season. Has she pitched yet?

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

That freshman for OU that beat us is an ace even though she doesn't get credit for it. She has started the games Parker didn't all season. Has she pitched yet?

Nope.  Probably game 2 starter with Ocasio for Florida unless one of the two tonight can go tomorrow.  OU just hit a monster 3 run no doubt homerun.  Knighten hit it.  7-4 heading to the bottom.  Let's see if Florida can do it a 3rd time.  I hope they score 4 and not tie it lol

Struck out the winning run at the plate.  OU wins 7-4. This game shows the best 2 teams made it to finals.  OU is a lot better than their seeding.  The early season failures skewed the record enough to fool the committee.  That team is playing like defending Champs that returned 7 starters. Still hope Florida takes it but kudos to both teams. 

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

last years oklahoma team was a dominant force. This years team keeps winning in miraculous ways. The ball just has bounced in their favor at the world series the last 2 years. O and it helps when your ridiculously talented as well.

Well it doesn't hurt they have the Clayton Kershaw of college softball...Yes I did that.

17 innings...Florida came back 2 times to keep the game alive but that 3 run Oklahoma HR in the top of the 17th did the trick.  UF loaded the bases (again) and had a chance to tie or win again....managed to get one run across but the final batter goes down with a K and Oklahoma got game 1.

Amazing they could play so many innings and looks so fresh...Lowery still 70+mph after more than 100 pitches.

As noted above....these are the best two teams...AU played both and did well but no doubt those teams have more depth of talent.

What a hell of a game to start off the WCWS Championship!  

I still don't get why the umps never call Barnhill for an illegal pitch likey 40 times a game.  About every 3rd or 4th pitch she hops, doesn't drag her drive foot, as per the rules of the game, but I don't think it has ever been called on her.  I noticed it in our series with them months ago and every time i have seen her pitch.

55 minutes ago, tgr4lfe said:

What a hell of a game to start off the WCWS Championship!  

I still don't get why the umps never call Barnhill for an illegal pitch likey 40 times a game.  About every 3rd or 4th pitch she hops, doesn't drag her drive foot, as per the rules of the game, but I don't think it has ever been called on her.  I noticed it in our series with them months ago and every time i have seen her pitch.

Agree..seems to depend on umps....wonder if that has been emphasized?   Don't recall seeing it called anywhere this year...but got Carlson for side step.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Well it doesn't hurt they have the Clayton Kershaw of college softball...Yes I did that.

lol touche.

GAME 2 and Oklahoma starts with a HR in the bottom of the first to take a quick lead...followed by a single. 

Florida came back with a HR then 2 more runs.  Oklahoma just got a 3 run double from Knighten again.  OU up 5-3

tough night for the pitchers.....batters have seen lots of their stuff and getting bats on the balls....good news is that for any of the teams, their pitchers are allowed to come back into the game.   Parker our but ready to come back in later if needed for Oklahoma.

Archived