Oklahoma repeats

5-4 final on two games...

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Oklahoma repeats

5-4 final on two games...

................................ I HATE THIS. I HATE OKLAHOMA. I do not like gasso or lowry. UGHHHHHHHH sad thing is they will most likely be even better next year. YAY!!!!! we owe them so bad for football and softball. Glad we at least whooped them in basketball this year lol

It doesn't hurt when you have home field advantage for the natl championship, and it helps when officiating goes your way too

2 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

It doesn't hurt when you have home field advantage for the natl championship, and it helps when officiating goes your way too

L O L wooooooooow in 2 years it had not even crossed my mind they have a major MAAAAAAAAAAAJ home field advantage!!! :homer:DOHHH!

The largest advantage about it is the access to local facilities to recuperate between games. It was mentioned they went to the local minor league facility to use their ice baths and recovery methods after the 17 inning game 1.  Not sure if Florida would have had the access if requested. There is just a network there for the state university. 

That home field advantage is nice to have....especially if you have the better team....but didn't seem to help us against them.   :angry:

Well at least we can say the last 2 years it took the national champs to end our season.  We just caught them in the supers this year because of poor seeding. 

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Well at least we can say the last 2 years it took the national champs to end our season.  We just caught them in the supers this year because of poor seeding. 

Poor seeding worked to our advantage ...

I think AU has ended the season against the eventual national champ the last three years. Didn't AU lose to Florida three years ago in the CWS which elemination AU and Florida went on to win it all. 

gotta give Clint credit...he does not step back from anything when making a schedule.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Poor seeding worked to our advantage ...

How so? We played OU this year earlier than we should have if they were seeded properly.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

How so? We played OU this year earlier than we should have if they were seeded properly.

Well...we got them at AU for the Super Regional...what could have been better ? 

No way to know where the "correct" spot might have been or what the brackets might have looked like...but we got a chance to take them out of the tournament..and to play them in AU because we were higher seeded.

Archived