NCAA Softball Tournament

lsu/McNeese state has been in a delay all day.  Just checked radar and they are still getting soaked.  It's very possible ULL advances based on the NCAA rule if the regional isn't completed.   I'm really surprised they have left it in a "delay" state so long today and not just suspended the game.   I guess they are doing whatever they can do to get the games played.  Not looking good though.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tulsa set down in order. Lowary effectively silencing their bats. Going to the Oklahoma half of the fifth, the lead remains 2-0. 

hoping that 2 runs is enough.....they say to be careful what you wish for...but I'd rather play Tulsa....

Oklahoma pulls one back with a solo shot. 2-1 no outs. 

Tulsa gets a K. 2 outs runner on first. 

6-1 groundout ends the inning. 2-1 going to the 6th.

OU ties it in the 6th. Runners in the corners. No outs. 

Tulsa escapes further damage. On to the 7th.

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

oh well

Don't fret...War Tiger has assured me that Oklahoma has virtually no chance to win their region today.

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Don't fret...War Tiger has assured me that Oklahoma has virtually no chance to win their region today.

well now that makes me feel better

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

well now that makes me feel better

glad to be of help...:)

Tulsa gets a walk in the 7th, but nothing else. 

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I never said that.  I said coming out of the losers bracket made it UNLIKELY.   Not impossible.   I also said in a later post that if anybody in that situation could do it that Oklahoma is probably one of them.

Oklahoma gets a single with two outs. 

Popped up in foul territory. On to the 8th.

7 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

I never said that.  I said coming out of the losers bracket made it UNLIKELY.   Not impossible.   I also said in a later post that if anybody in that situation could do it that Oklahoma is probably one of them.

I think you quoted numbers and  mentioned less than 2%....and reiterated when i repeated my expectation that Oklahoma would likely win.   I sure would not take a bet that only had 2% odds of winning since it would be virtually certain to lose.

But I was only trying to make Golf feel better....so don't burst his bubble...

Tulsa set down in order. Lowary still nigh unhittable.

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I think you quoted numbers and  mentioned less than 2%....and reiterated when i repeated my expectation that Oklahoma would likely win.   I sure would not take a bet that only had 2% odds of winning since it would be virtually certain to lose.

But I was only trying to make Golf feel better....so don't burst his bubble...

it helped some what

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

it helped some what

I will go out on a limb and say that if Oklahoma loses this game it is 100% that they will not win their regional...

But....if Oklahoma wins this game, I figure the odds should be about 75% or better that they will win the second game against Tulsa.   

Archived