NCAA Softball Tournament

Oklahoma gets a runner to second with 1 out, but a liner hit right back to the pitcher on a hit and run results in an inning ending DP.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bigbens42 said:

Oklahoma gets a runner to second with 1 out, but a liner hit right back to the pitcher on a hit and run results in an inning ending DP.

gotta like that throw from the pitcher to get the DP...fired an underhand throw ....after bouncing a couple tosses to first into the dirt earlier in the game.   Okly base running not that sharp today....might cost them the game...

Tulsa gets a runner on but it comes to nothing. On to the B9

OU set down in order. On to the 10th.

Wow...that Oklahoma shift finally bit them.....been doing that all game...maybe all season with their power pitcher... and nobody was able to hit the ball to LF....until now when it really mattered.

Tulsa finally gets a single. OU'S shift comes back to bite them, as a ball is smoked to left and there's no one there. Runner scores from first. 3-2 Tulsa. 

Tulsa in the lead 3-2...runner on base and only one out...

Just now, AU64 said:

Wow...that Oklahoma shift finally bit them.....been doing that all game...maybe all season with their power pitcher... and nobody was able to hit the ball to LF....until now when it really mattered.

I was hoping it would bite them. It's so brazen. 

And another base hit! Finally getting to Lowary. 4-2

notice they have someone in LF now...

But that's it for Tulsa....OKla with one more chance..

Have to say that this is a bet I would love to lose....but dang....Okie playing at home.....just don't trust them to not do something dramatic.

Bama took their region just now...another 1-0 game

Just now, AU64 said:

notice they have someone in LF now...

But that's it for Tulsa....OKla with one more chance..

Have to say that this is a bet I would love to lose....but dang....Okie playing at home.....just don't trust them to not do something dramatic.

Bama took their region just now...another 1-0 game

LOL I just tapped out that same thing. 

I haven't looked at the sooner lineup but seems this year they don't have the hitters they had last season....when AU played them about everyone in the line was over 300.

And speaking of dramatic....crapl...

OMG...who saw this coming....OKla survives....

Tulsa must only have the one ace. They may get smoked when they play tomorrow.

I wonder but an underdog team like Tulsa often has one burst available to make a statement and this has to really shake them badly.  Fortunately they have a night to bet over this loss....can't imagine they could play a DH after that loss.

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I haven't looked at the sooner lineup but seems this year they don't have the hitters they had last season....when AU played them about everyone in the line was over 300.

And speaking of dramatic....crapl...

We dont exactly have tge hitters we had last year either

I'm guessing the Tulsa pitcher was told not to walk anyone ...but she just grooved those pitches and in a flash, the game was over. 

So we find out tomorrow afternoon who we play. Hard to think that Tulsa will be able to get over this one....but guess it could happen....but I'm betting not.

Just now, thaitopher said:

We dont exactly have tge hitters we had last year either

Amen to that.  i recall they were a young team....and the names I recall from the CWS were the ones who nailed Tulsa in that last inning.  Maybe they were always there but Tulsa had kept them under control....:dunno:

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Okie wins tomorrow guarantee $500 bucks

>:( I would say something but I might get fussed at...

Sad also that Tulsa missed another run way back in the first, when, with the bases loaded and a 3-ball count on her, Tulsa batter swung at a neck-high pitch that clearly would have driven in a run.  Dang!  I thought Tulsa might win when they put up 2 in top 10.  I hadn't thought they would be able to score.  Agree with Golf, but not putting up 500.

Archived