NCAA Softball Tournament

I see that LSU and MCNeese are getting under way now and there might be a second game tonight. 

I think I will wait and read about that game in the morning. 

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I see that LSU and MCNeese are getting under way now and there might be a second game tonight. 

I think I will wait and read about that game in the morning. 

McNeese leads. Wonder how they do it if they get in tonight's game but can't play tomorrow's. I imagine ULL would advance. 

LSU ties on a wild pitch. 

EDIT: Nope, LSU would go based on seed. 

6 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Oklahoma is playing tomorrow, so why can't LSU?  Or whoever?   

Weather permitting, I understand they will play it out at LSU tonight and tomorrow  .... But if the Tigers lose again, everyone might just accept ULL as the host. 

I saw that South Carolina got hammered today and is out . Is LSU  the last conference team that has not been decided? 

1 hour ago, Bigbens42 said:

McNeese leads. Wonder how they do it if they get in tonight's game but can't play tomorrow's. I imagine ULL would advance. 

LSU ties on a wild pitch. 

EDIT: Nope, LSU would go based on seed. 

If UL is still undefeated, they go. If tied with 1 loss, highest seed is tiebreaker after head to head. 

39 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Oklahoma is playing tomorrow, so why can't LSU?  Or whoever?   

LSU is going to try to get the first game of the regional final in tonight. They're hoping to win and force a second game tomorrow. If they can get the game started tonight before 11:00 CT, then they will play one game tonight. 

41 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

If UL is still undefeated, they go. If tied with 1 loss, highest seed is tiebreaker after head to head. 

Yeah. I was referring to game 6 when I said "tonight's game." I wasn't clear.

Basically a good bet that the game about to start is for all the marbles. 

Well, LSU and Oklahoma both forced a deciding game today.   I was really surprised they played 2 last night in Baton Rouge given the first game didn't start until 830 or later.   Those are the only two brackets not completed. 

The super Regional matchups:

uat at Florida

Texas A&M at Tennessee

Ole Miss at ucla

Baton Rouge winner at florida state

Kentucky at Orgeon

Utah at Washington

Norman winner at Auburn

Baylor at Arizona

Seedings  turned out to be pretty accurate...but no cakewalk for most of them.

3 hours ago, WarTiger said:

Well, LSU and Oklahoma both forced a deciding game today.   I was really surprised they played 2 last night in Baton Rouge given the first game didn't start until 830 or later.   Those are the only two brackets not completed. 

The super Regional matchups:

uat at Florida

Texas A&M at Tennessee

Ole Miss at ucla

Baton Rouge winner at florida state

Kentucky at Orgeon

Utah at Washington

Norman winner at Auburn

Baylor at Arizona

There could POTENTIALLY be 6 of 8 Super regional winners from the SEC to the CWS. That says a lot!

47 minutes ago, boomstick said:

OU hit a solo HR in the top of the 1st to take a 1-0 lead. Top 2nd now. 

First pitch of the game too. From the end of yesterday's game to that point they hit 3 homers in 7 pitches.

Oklahoma 2 Tulsa 0 Heading to bottom of 5th

Sooners hit another HR in top half of the 5th

LSU in some early trouble. ULL up 1-0 in the top of the first and have bases loaded with 2 outs.

LSU gets out of it with a popup behind home plate.

Tulsa had 2 runners on with 2 outs but a foul out in LF (LF made a nice diving catch) ends the threat. OU 6 outs away from heading to AU this weekend.

Oklahoma heads to Auburn for a Super Rematch Showdown....

Imagine the softball hype surrounding this possible match up! It would be worth tailgating for! lol

11 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Oklahoma heads to Auburn for a Super Rematch Showdown....

Imagine the softball hype surrounding this possible match up! It would be worth tailgating for! lol

The OU-AU super will be the one to watch along with the Arizona-Oregon regional.

OU coach arguing that her runner from first to second wasn't 3 feet out of the base path. It was easily 6 feet from where she was running to where she landed to avoid the tag. Easy call.

Going to the bottom of the 7th. Tulsa needs 3 runs to tie. OU needs 3 outs to make several people who said it was impossible to win their region now look bad. :D

P.S. Not referring to WT, the AU play-by-play guy said it along with other pundits. No way you count out a team with a shutdown pitcher like Parker.

Going through Oklahoma is the way it should be. I'm not as concerned about facing Parker and Lowary as I am our pitchers facing their lineup. Their whole lineup is potent.

Archived