NCAA Softball Tournament

OU officially heads to AU for the Supers. Going to be an interesting series. Hope AU can find a way to hit Parker. They have really struggled against good pitching this year.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Oklahoma heads to Auburn for a Super Rematch Showdown....

Imagine the softball hype surrounding this possible match up! It would be worth tailgating for! lol

Not sure they will but the university should let tailgating be done on the intramural fields this weekend.

10 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Going to the bottom of the 7th. Tulsa needs 3 runs to tie. OU needs 3 outs to make several people who said it was impossible to win their region now look bad. :D

P.S. Not referring to WT, the AU play-by-play guy said it along with other pundits. No way you count out a team with a shutdown pitcher like Parker.

Brad Law didn't use the work impossible FTR. He just said he didn't see it happening.

Just now, ellitor said:

Brad Law didn't use the work impossible FTR. He just said he didn't see it happening.

Fair enough. Bottom line is, OU overcame what a lot of people though were *close* to impossible odds. Either way, OU is going to come in fired up. AU has to match. It's already sold out, so we know the crowd will be there.

7 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Going through Oklahoma is the way it should be. I'm not as concerned about facing Parker and Lowary as I am our pitchers facing their lineup. Their whole lineup is potent.

Both teams are confident but OU will be a tough out especially after the way they came back this weekend to advance. Very impressive especially last night how they got up off the ground to beat one of the top 5 pitchers in softball in the nation in Emily Watson.

4 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Fair enough. Bottom line is, OU overcame what a lot of people though were *close* to impossible odds. Either way, OU is going to come in fired up. AU has to match. It's already sold out, so we know the crowd will be there.

No doubt. Emily Watson is a stud & beating her twice & having to come back against her 2 times in 1 game last night is not a small feat.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Both teams are confident but OU will be a tough out especially after the way they came back this weekend to advance. Very impressive especially last night how they got up off the ground to beat one of the top 5 pitchers in softball in the nation in Emily Watson.

Yep, they were on the brink. Maybe being on the road will help quell that momentum they are bringing.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

True...I think the odds based on past history were something like 2%.....though I think those numbers included all situations where any team came back after losing game #1.  I'm suggesting that when the losing team was a seeded team, the odds might have been much better.    No matter what the odds were from previous regionals, it just did not seem like that much of reach for Oklahoma to accomplish this on their own field.

That said,  I would have been much more willing to see us host Tulsa and hated to see the okies beat the odds. 

Agree with what AU64 said.  Thought we had caught a break last night when I saw that Tulsa had somehow scored 2 runs in top 10.  Okie had struggled with Watson, yet put up 4 in the bottom.  That's the kind of stuff they do.  And Parker may be less of a problem than Lowary.  I know we beat her in Mexico, but we had 2 HRs from Veach, her only multiple game of the year.  She throws 72 mph, and saved Parker last night. 

We're 2-0 against Oklahoma when not facing Parker and 0-2 when facing her. It would be nice to put up a win on Friday night against her.

29 minutes ago, boomstick said:

We're 2-0 against Oklahoma when not facing Parker and 0-2 when facing her. It would be nice to put up a win on Friday night against her.

Or just light her up like Tulsa was starting to do in the first 2 innings of the game she was in last night.

5 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

if you are bandwagoning to Auburn this week, watch out for security, they are on to you!!!!!   j/k   

I deserve that. I do want everybody to come and have a good time. Just please don't lean against the outfield wall during game play so I don't get in trouble.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I deserve that. I do want everybody to come and have a good time. Just please don't lean against the outfield wall during game play so I don't get in trouble.

I had to mess with ya, it is funny how a tweet can get interpreted in different ways.  Hope the crowd is loud and crazy but well behaved for your sake!!

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I'll be there but incognito

16 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I'll be there but incognito

Golf,

Did you see where our hometown won its 3rd straight baseball State Championship?

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

Golf,

Did you see where our hometown won its 3rd straight baseball State Championship?

You must be talking about Russellville HS.  My buddy told me about it.  RHS class of '92

5 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Golf,

yes I did with two future Auburn Tigers playing. One was MVP of the tourney

24 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

yes I did with two future Auburn Tigers playing. One was MVP of the tourney

1 of them is projected as a 1st round pick. Doubt he is a future AU Tiger in the end.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

1 of them is projected as a 1st round pick. Doubt he is a future AU Tiger in the end.

Damn e you would mess up a *&^% 

On 5/22/2017 at 4:26 PM, ellitor said:

explain

7 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

explain

Which part? The first sentence was a twitter thing & doesn't need to be discussed. The 2nd sentence is for anyone watching the games from the platforms adjacent to the outfield wall. Fans are not allowed to lean on top of the wall or reach over the wall into the field of play while the game is going on. They can lean on the wall in between innings, during pitching changes, & other stoppages of play.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Which part? The first sentence was a twitter thing & doesn't need to be discussed. The 2nd sentence is for anyone watching the games from the platforms adjacent to the outfield wall. Fans are not allowed to lean on top of the wall or reach over the wall into the field of play while the game is going on. They can lean on the wall in between innings, during pitching changes, & other stoppages of play.

meant more specifically you getting in trouble

38 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

meant more specifically you getting in trouble

It's my job to make sure fans don't lean or reach over the wall during game play this weekend.

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's my job to make sure fans don't lean or reach over the wall this during game play this weekend.

Image result for ain't that special meme

Archived