NCAA Softball Tournament

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh arkansas you blew it!!! you had them on the ropes time and time again.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, OlderWhiskey said:

Sooners Win.  Now must beat Tulsa twice.

Got NDSU tomorrow first, but yeah I expect them to cruise against the Bison with vengeance on the brain.

12 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Sooners Win.  Now must beat NDSU once and Tulsa twice.

Their issue is going to come when they have to rely on a pitcher besides Parker or Lowary. They tried to get by Arkansas without using Parker but couldn't do it. I don't think Parker can start all three games, and Lowary had her longest out of the season against NDSU earlier today. She isn't one of their usual starters. So, they're going to have to find 2-3 arms to get them through NDSU to get to Tulsa. 

4 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

ULL isn't terrible. Played a series against Bama and won and also have a win over aTm this year. Lost to OU in the supers last year.

And lost in Supers to us the year before.  They are not a Cinderella team anymore.  They are the Gonzaga of softball (not meaning this year's Gonzaga), worked their way to a nationally respected team every year. See how many Supers(doesn't show the supers below) and CWS they have been to over the years. 

NCAA WCWS appearances

1993, 1995, 1996, 2003, 2008, 2014

NCAA Tournament appearances

1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Conference tournament champions

Southland: 1984, 1987
Sun Belt: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015

Well, through Saturday which got in the Winner's Bracket game in every regional, only two seeded teams have a lost: #10 Oklahoma who lost their first game and #13 LSU who lost the Winner's Bracket game. All 14 others just need to win one game to advance.

Of the 5 non-seeded SEC teams, only Georgia and South Carolina are still in but must win two against the seeded team to advance.

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

Understand that LSU would have to win THREE games tomorrow to reach a Super Regional.....not sounding good for them.  Miss State already flying home tonight...short trip for them.

Oklahoma has to win THREE today as well to make it to the supers.  They have an elimination game with North Dakota State.  If they win that, they have to beat Tulsa twice.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/softball/d1/2017

what things like like this morning...

Oklahoma stumbled yesterday but still likely to win their bracket IMO...LSU?....I'm doubting that one...

History doesn't say so.  I definitely wouldn't say likely.  Only 7 teams have ever advanced to the super regional round after falling into the losers bracket since they started the super regionals.  It's something like 7 out of 384 or in other words more UNlikely they will advance.  Not impossible, but I definitely wouldn't call it likely.

25 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

History doesn't say so.  I definitely wouldn't say likely.  Only 7 teams have ever advanced to the super regional round after falling into the losers bracket since they started the super regionals.  It's something like 7 out of 384 or in other words more UNlikely they will advance.  Not impossible, but I definitely wouldn't call it likely.

OK...Despite the statistics....guess I'm going to look at the players instead....and where they are playing though I might not be giving Tulsa enough credit.

But still....if it's not "likely",   then lets say that I'm expecting a huge upset with Oklahoma winning the bracket in Norman...:)

On the other hand..if LSU were to win, I'd be expecting to see pigs fly next...

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

OK...Despite the statistics....guess I'm going to look at the players instead....and where they are playing though I might not be giving Tulsa enough credit.

But still....if it's not "likely",   then lets say that I'm expecting a huge upset with Oklahoma winning the bracket in Norman...:)

On the other hand..if LSU were to win, I'd be expecting to see pigs fly next...

I would definitely expect Oklahoma to win their regional LONG before I would expect LSU to win theirs  ULL is a very talented and consistent program.  Definitely don't see LSU coming out of their regional now.    Naturally, I'm hoping that Tulsa and ULL get it done.  Eliminate two national seeds and an SEC program as well.  :big:

Cal and Notre Dame are back under way. ND got a 2 out double in the bottom of the fifth, but nothing came of it. Entering the 6th. 

Cal strands one in the top of the 6th. Notre Dame with 6 outs left to stave off elimination. 

2 hours ago, WarTiger said:

And how many of those 384 were the top seed of their regional? By my calculations it's still above 50% Oklahoma advances to the SR.

Notre Dame gets a runner on with a 2 out single, but she's stranded. Going to the 7th.

Cal gets an insurance run in the top of the 7th with a solo homer to center. Still top 7, no outs. 

Conley was lifted in the bottom of the 6th for another pitcher. When she walked off the field, she didn't look 100% and seemed to be favoring that ankle she rolled yesterday. Will be interesting to watch and see how that factors into the later games, assuming Cal wins. 

Cal strands a runner, but pads their lead. 5-3, Notre Dame has three outs to keep their season alive. 

Notre Dame gets a lead off single. Tying run is at the plate. 

Notre Dame not going quietly into that good night. Another base hit. Runners on 1st and 2nd, no outs.

Pitching change for Cal.

Fly out. 1 out. 

32 minutes ago, wildling said:

And how many of those 384 were the top seed of their regional? By my calculations it's still above 50% Oklahoma advances to the SR.

It's all inclusive numbers.  If you want the breakdown of it, do the research.  Regardless of seeding 7 out of that many aren't very good odds.

Cal wins. Liner directly to the pitcher, who drops it. Runners held, and Cal turned the easy double play to end it. 

Odd double play ends the game and CAL gets the win 5-3 and advances to play Auburn in the regional final.

If any team out there facing elimination today has a chance to win the regional, I would put Oklahoma at the top of that list.  I would also put Minnesota there as well.  They proved yesterday they could match uat pitch for pitch.  Neither one advancing to the supers would surprise me.

Hope AU hasn't had the mindset they are going to win by rainout today. Seemed like a forgone conclusion but now they soon face a team wanting revenge for the call at the plate. I'm sure they have watched and fumed over the replay of that call and are going to be ready mentally. I have every confidence in Coach Myers to get them ready, I just hope the players are focused and ready. 

13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I do not like Gasso. She really irritates me.

I tried Gas-X but it doesn't work.

Archived