Softball vs. Cal - Game thread

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, Kendall. Smack is one here and score Haley. 

Rats.

Veach slow roller to 2nd, and they get the force at 2nd to end the inning.   Auburn tied it 2-2 off the McCrackin homer and a couple of base hits.

Shea flies to shallow left.  1 out.  Carmyn Greenwood coming up, and she chops it to 2nd. 2 outs.  McCrackin up.

2 out single and a run scores, damn it.   Home plate umpire rules it interference at home plate and the run counts.   Auburn trails 3-2.

Chopper back to Carlson ends the top 5th.  Cooper, Wallace and Fagan coming up

Wallace grounds to short, 2 outs.  Haley Fagan up.   Fagan singles to right center.   Rivera up.

Rivera chops it up the middle, short stop fields throw to 1st not in time, ball gets away from the 1st baseman and Fagan moves to 3rd on that error.   Runners on 1st and 3rd with 2 outs for Kendall Veach.   With 2 outs, Fagan should have been running on contact and would have scored on the error.  Unfortunate.

Base running error will cost AU a run. Fagen should have been running on the hit and would have scored on the bad throw. 

Good baserunning by Fagan, you see a lot of players get caught there.

Edit: Didn't even see Fuzzy's post, but I vehemently disagree.

Greenwood makes a nice catch against the wall in left.  I thought that one was gone.   Great catch. 

Carlson puts them down in order.  Let's get some runs here.   Shea, Greenwood and McCrackin coming up.

4 minutes ago, wildling said:

Good baserunning by Fagan, you see a lot of players get caught there.

Edit: Didn't even see Fuzzy's post, but I vehemently disagree.

Ball was at Fagan. She should be running in that situation. If it were in front of her, no, but it was at her and she was moving toward third already. If she were thrown out at 3rd, I would have been ok with that. 

Just now, jared52 said:

Ball was at Fagan. She should be running in that situation. If it were in front of her, no, but it was at her and she was moving toward third already. If she were thrown out at 3rd, I would have been ok with that. 

Ball was to her right, the general rule is to your right don't go. You're ok with giving up an out and a runner in scoring position for no reason?

Shea flies to center.  1 out.   Looks like we will get a pinch hitter here.  Whitney Jordan coming up.

Archived