Donald Trump Said Saudi Arabia was Behind 9/11, Now He’s Bowing Down to Them

AUFAN78

Well he did not bow down to them but they are probably correct...he should apologize for saying that without more proof.  

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Well he did not bow down to them but they are probably correct...he should apologize for saying that without more proof.  

He bowed. Also, where were the hijackers from?

11 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

He bowed. Also, where were the hijackers from?

Not gong to get me to defend Saudi Arabia....I do recall your president bowing and scraping when making his apology tour to the middle east.   At that point the dye was already cast I guess...the US government had officially give S.A a pass on 9/11...even the famous 9/11 Commission that did not want to release all their findings to avoid hurting feelings over there.   At least DT might get them to do something meaningful to fight the ISIS guys ...but IMO SA is an untrustworthy "ally"....certainly not a friend.

23 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not gong to get me to defend Saudi Arabia....I do recall your president bowing and scraping when making his apology tour to the middle east.   At that point the dye was already cast I guess...the US government had officially give S.A a pass on 9/11...even the famous 9/11 Commission that did not want to release all their findings to avoid hurting feelings over there.   At least DT might get them to do something meaningful to fight the ISIS guys ...but IMO SA is an untrustworthy "ally"....certainly not a friend.

The infamous apology tour that didn't include a single apology. Pure incompetence.

I never thought of BO as incompetent...but that could be....

30 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

The infamous apology tour that didn't include a single apology. Pure incompetence.

First Obama is way to astute to use the A word in an apology....all politicians know how to appear contrite without admitting anything.   Actually I was just jerking your chain.

So let's get back to a serious question or issue.. 

You sound as if DT was out there by himself in blaming the Saudis for 9/11....do you really think that?  He expressed what a good percent of Americans believed..including you.

And what would have had him do? .....the US government had given the Saudis a pass despite what just about every American, including you apparently, knew was the truth and subsequent presidents moved on and forgot their treachery and hosted and were hosted by them like old friends...that's US policy.   So DT is responsible for that?  Or do you think he should change that policy.

So, let's go back to 9/11 and accountability:   As president today...what should Trump have done to hold them accountable for what you yourself know they did?   Should we knock off a few of the key players who are still around,  cut off their oil, pull our military bases out of there, prevent their citizens from entering the US or attending our colleges...or what ? 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

"Your" president? <_<

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

First Obama is way to astute to use the A word in an apology....all politicians know how to appear contrite without admitting anything.   Actually I was just jerking your chain.

So let's get back to a serious question or issue.. 

You sound as if DT was out there by himself in blaming the Saudis for 9/11....do you really think that?  He expressed what a good percent of Americans believed..including you.

And what would have had him do? .....the US government had given the Saudis a pass despite what just about every American, including you apparently, knew was the truth and subsequent presidents moved on and forgot their treachery and hosted and were hosted by them like old friends...that's US policy.   So DT is responsible for that?  Or do you think he should change that policy.

So, let's go back to 9/11 and accountability:   As president today...what should Trump have done to hold them accountable for what you yourself know they did?   Should we knock off a few of the key players who are still around,  cut off their oil, pull our military bases out of there, prevent their citizens from entering the US or attending our colleges...or what ? 

Bush gave them a pass because they're old family friends. Then carried out a personal vendetta against Hussein. 

What should Trump do? Start with not having his mouth write checks he can't cash.

Just a reminder that Bush did not give them a pass...it was the 9/11 Commission that was bi-partisan.

And in his 8 years, Obama never did anything to call Saudi to account...and even fought efforts by people who wanted to release details of the Saudi involvement .  Took more than 10 years.. http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/15/politics/congress-releases-28-pages-saudis-9-11/

So do you believe the conclusions of that report?    I sure don't...hiding behind the word "official"...which is just BS. 

Meanwhile find me a politician who never made a comment during an election that turned out to be BS when he was in office....like this for example..

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/may/11/barack-obama/president-barack-obamas-shift-gay-marriage/

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Just a reminder that Bush did not give them a pass...it was the 9/11 Commission that was bi-partisan.

It wasn't in the 9/11 Commission's purview to give anyone a "pass".  It was an investigatory committee. Responding to their report (or not) is an executive function.

Are you suggesting they ignored,overlooked or covered-up the nationalities of the terrorists involved?

As far as Obama is concerned, he clearly wanted to strengthen relationships with "friendly" Muslim countries - including Saudi Arabia - for the obvious reasons.  I would have been pretty dumb of him to start hyping anti-Saudi information in public, especially considering the efforts Bush had already made to downplay whatever involvement that might have had.  We don't know what was said in private to them.  It's possible that Obama's negotiating with Iran was used as leverage against Saudi Arabia.

Now, as we can all see, somehow, someone has convinced Trump it's in our best strategic interests to retain a positive relationship with Saudi Arabia.  If you think Trump is going to "bring them to account" you are dreaming.  

Saudi Arabia has a severe religious problem.  I am sure that both Bush and Obama talked to them about it.  The best we can hope for is for them to solve it on their own.

But I don't disagree we need to include the "stick" as well as "carrots" to get them to do so.  I have no confidence at all that will happen under the current "administration".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/saudi-arabia-arms-deal-trump_us_591f3322e4b094cdba53e3de?73w&ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

The $110 Billion Arms Deal Trump Just Signed With Saudi Arabia May Be Illegal

The president announced the package Saturday, but a legal analysis prompted by congressional inquiries warns against it.

Maybe he can do what his predecessor did.

Load a secret plane up with cash and fly it in....

Always love negative headlines that include the word "likely", "might" "may" or "could"......A sure sign the writer is getting ready to spew speculation or garbage that he or she did not take time to validate.....or verify...but it did allow the writer to meet the daily quota for click bait to attract the lefties. 

Kinda like the hot Auburn news that's posted each day on al.com to reel in the bammers who feast on everything negative about AU.  Come to think of it....maybe that's what being a "journalist" is all about these days.  ..generating click bait. 

1 hour ago, WDavE said:

Maybe he can do what his predecessor did.

Load a secret plane up with cash and fly it in....

WTF are you talking about?

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

WTF are you talking about?

Come'on man... I barely pay attention to the BS news and I knew what he was talking about.

I believe you and Raptor went back and forth on the "secret cash plane" thread quite a bit as well.

38 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Come'on man... I barely pay attention to the BS news and I knew what he was talking about.

I believe you and Raptor went back and forth on the "secret cash plane" thread quite a bit as well.

I suspect he's talking about returning Iran's own frozen assets as part of the Iranian nuclear agreement, but that's not really clear is it?

But maybe he's talking about the bales of cash Bush sent to Iraq that promptly disappeared.

Regardless, I like for people to clearly "own" their statements.  How about you?

http://www.alternet.org/right-wing/same-weekend-record-breaking-arms-deal-saudis-announced-100-million-donation-ivanka-fund

On Same Weekend as Record-Breaking Arms Deal, Saudis Announced $100 Million Donation to Ivanka Fund

Over the weekend, Jared Kushner was credited with negotiating a $110 billion arms deal with the Saudis.

Remember the outrage the Clinton Foundation generated?  And I don't think "Ivanka's fund" even has independent management.

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

http://www.alternet.org/right-wing/same-weekend-record-breaking-arms-deal-saudis-announced-100-million-donation-ivanka-fund

On Same Weekend as Record-Breaking Arms Deal, Saudis Announced $100 Million Donation to Ivanka Fund

Over the weekend, Jared Kushner was credited with negotiating a $110 billion arms deal with the Saudis.

Remember the outrage the Clinton Foundation generated?  And I don't think "Ivanka's fund" even has independent management.

More on the story: http://thefederalist.com/2017/05/22/the-media-spreads-fake-news-about-ivanka-trump/

Good lord...posting clickbait horse***t on made up bowing and hand slaps....I guess you guys must have been all over the "two scoop scandal" as well?  just when I thought the sewing circle couldn't sink lower....they do....don't know why I'm surprised....

14 hours ago, AUUSN said:

Maybe he pinched her butt and embarrassed her.

Archived