Pitching rotation for SEC Tournament

What's up with baseball coaches moving into AD roles? Same happened to John Cohen at Mississippi State.

Are they really more passionate about being an AD versus a SEC baseball coach? Maybe there's something I'm missing.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Keegan will be going on 4 days rest, Friday-Monday.

He pitched Thursday and this Tuesday. Close enough to 5 days in total hrs

10 minutes ago, oldman said:

# of days rest for a pitcher has always be calculated strictly by the number of days they don't pitch between starts. Butch prefers 6 days rest for his pitchers but will go 5 on occasion. He likely views 4 days rest like Keegan has for today as a bullpen day as @boomstick and some in the AU media have said.

18 hours ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

What's up with baseball coaches moving into AD roles? Same happened to John Cohen at Mississippi State.

Are they really more passionate about being an AD versus a SEC baseball coach? Maybe there's something I'm missing.

You may want to check salary levels for baseball coaches. Generally they are no where near other major sports. 

13 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

What's his longest outing this year?

4 & 2/3s

14 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Didn't he have a 4 or 5 inning relief appearance or two midseason?

4  times actually. His ERA when he's gone between 4 & 5 innings is 1.08

Well, Butch went against my advice and used both of his two best starters yesterday. Which won a game for us and now we're in a "pitch by committee" setup vs top seed Florida. I don't like it but....Butch was the guy I wanted us to hire back when Pawloski was let go so there's a limit to how much I can complain about his coaching decisions. :dunno:

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Well, Butch went against my advice and used both of his two best starters yesterday. Which won a game for us and now we're in a "pitch by committee" setup vs top seed Florida. I don't like it but....Butch was the guy I wanted us to hire back when Pawloski was let go so there's a limit to how much I can complain about his coaching decisions. :dunno:

I think it was the right call. We needed a win badly last night. I am in the camp that believed we needed a win last night to feel good about post season. Without the 2 pitching last night we may not have been worrying about anybody pitching today.

20 hours ago, oldman said:

He only threw 40 pitches guys. it was practically a bullpen day for him. If we make it around to sunday, I wouldn't be surprised to see keegan on the mound.

42 minutes ago, Mikey said:

We are in that boat together Mikey

5 hours ago, oldman said:

We are in that boat together Mikey

Gee , that doesn't usually stop people from second guessing a coach . 

Archived