Baseball vs. Florida Game Thread (SEC Tourney Day 2)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Single gives UF an unearned run. 1-0. My bad on the pop up. DRob should have taken charge there.

I've said it before...Daniel Robert is NOT an outfielder.  How many times is he going to get away with making an infielder catch a ball 60 feet into the outfield grass?

1 minute ago, au302 said:

Just unacceptable by Robert not to call Estes off. We really need outfield help for next years recruiting class

We signed next years class last November. Look it and their profiles up.

Just now, mustache eagle said:

Why Estes and not Jarvis tonight?  Did they discuss earlier?  I missed first 2 innings

No but you could tell he still had back issues on a couple swings last night so it's probably that.

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

Why Estes and not Jarvis tonight?  Did they discuss earlier?  I missed first 2 innings

I've got to assume Luke's back is bothering him again.  He never looked completely comfortable at the plate last night.  That was NOT (I repeat NOT) Estes' ball.

Sac bunt?

im not baseball savvy enough to know if that's good or not

With the slump Estes has been in it's a positive.

Sac bunt?

im not baseball savvy enough to know if that's good or not

Ha, stick around and you'll get all the angles you can possibly imagine from this crowd.  Thompson and Sisson (and everybody in baseball) expect that Faedo will not give up much tonight, so they are trying to manufacture scoring opportunities.  We have not done much sacrifice bunting this year and subsequently have been just this side of terrible in executing it when called upon.  That was an excellent bunt by Estes.

10 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

apparwntly gabe gross agrees with me

Probably would if he was awake. Chris Burke is the game analyst tonight.

We seem to have improved in the very recent past.

we didn't even try early season and were horrible midseason until a couple weeks ago

edit: pod - this was in response to you

2 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

They said gabe tweeted that to him during last inning

Oh. Didn't hear that. Too busy going back and forth typining play by play for the morning ground that will check in the morning.

Archived