Baseball vs. Florida Game Thread (SEC Tourney Day 2)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn falls 5-4. Gotta say though, going up against Florida's best Game 1 squad with not our aces on the mound, this was a gritty showing. I like what it means going into regional play. AU plays again tomorrow at 4:30 central against the Ark/MSU loser. War Eagle!

I would like to know why Butch brought in Elliott Anderson in the 8th with the bases loaded instead of Andrew Mitchell.  Tough spot for a young guy with very few high pressure pitches under his belt.

5 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I would like to know why Butch brought in Elliott Anderson in the 8th with the bases loaded instead of Andrew Mitchell.  Tough spot for a young guy with very few high pressure pitches under his belt.

Lefty-lefty. Elliot the only lefty on the team. Don't know if I agreed with that either. Coker had made 2 mistakes but I felt like he could've gotten a ground ball for a double play or at least held Florida to only one run and not walk anyone in. My guess is brought in Anderson in a pressure situation where it would be easy for anyone to give up a run- but in a game that was not necessarily a must-win. Will probably pay off a lot now that he's been through that adversity. 

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Lefty-lefty. Elliot the only lefty on the team. Don't know if I agreed with that either. Coker had made 2 mistakes but I felt like he could've gotten a ground ball for a double play or at least held Florida to only one run and not walk anyone in. My guess is brought in Anderson in a pressure situation where it would be easy for anyone to give up a run- but in a game that was not necessarily a must-win. Will probably pay off a lot now that he's been through that adversity. 

If I'm not sleep deprived and out of it, 99 percent sure Mitchell is LH

Also just throwing this into the fire of discussion but I firmly disagreed with that last call on Ingram. Too close to take, yes, but ball did not really break at all and the pitch was well off the black IMO. Conor Davis AKA Mr. clutch behind Ingram in the order tonight and I'm just wondering if he wouldn't have tied the game. Oh well, Florid beats lots of teams..... most teams dont look that scrappy against the Gators. I love being a thorn in their side

3 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

If I'm not sleep deprived and out of it, 99 percent sure Mitchell is LH

You are correct. Maybe saving Mitchell for if Davis daniel can get through Miss st/ Arky 

Posting a lot but last thing I'll say: I'm starting to get kind of excited about the rest of this tournament. I'm not saying we won't have to battle, but if we can win our next game, which will be against a team we took 2 out of 3 from this year (miss st or Arky), then we will get South Carolina or Missouri- and I'd put us up against both of those teams for a win any day. After that, we are one upset away from playing in the SEC Championship Game. I'm not saying start buying the 2017 SEC Champs hats, I'm just saying let's enjoy these next few days. We might get to see this team produce a little post-season magic and get hot.

• WarTiger changed the title to Baseball vs. Florida Game Thread (SEC Tourney Day 2)

I watched the game last night and when it got to the 7th inning, the homeplate blue wanted to go home.. He wasn't consistent at all. Fiado got some pitches Coker didn't because of his hype. I will say that I was extremely confused by Butch going to Elliot. He hasn't played the lefty on lefty game all year because of depth. had Klobo come in, it would have ended the end it did in the 8th. Double play with no runs scored.. 

1 hour ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

I watched the game last night and when it got to the 7th inning, the homeplate blue wanted to go home.. He wasn't consistent at all. Fiado got some pitches Coker didn't because of his hype. I will say that I was extremely confused by Butch going to Elliot. He hasn't played the lefty on lefty game all year because of depth. had Klobo come in, it would have ended the end it did in the 8th. Double play with no runs scored.. 

Wasn't just after the seventh. He gave faedo multiple calls early that lipscomb didn't get. This was the most one sided ive seen the umpiring be, hopefully will be better next game

1 hour ago, Auhud08 said:

Wasn't just after the seventh. He gave faedo multiple calls early that lipscomb didn't get. This was the most one sided ive seen the umpiring be, hopefully will be better next game

SEC officials always take care of the conference's top rated teams...does not matter what sport.   Folks sometimes think it is a bama thing...but it goes further than that...at least that's my view..

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

SEC officials always take care of the conference's top rated teams...does not matter what sport.   Folks sometimes think it is a bama thing...but it goes further than that...at least that's my view..

It's a bammer thing because bammer is often a top team.....like softball, gymnastics and football right now. And if Auburn is in a top team position then whoever AU is playing will get the call most times just because it's Auburn. Steve Shaw is a bammer and it's no accident that there's a bias. It's also no accident that there's a bammer in a high position in officiating. That's how the bammer machine works....every advantage they can get. I have seen it happen since I was a child. It's embedded in the SEC.

Archived