Baseball vs Arkansas Game Thread (SEC Tourney Elimination Game)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

AU needs to find a serviceable third starter quickly if they're going to do more than whimper at a regional next week.

It's more than that. AU has lost 9 of the last 11 and on the way to 10 of 12. They lost their swagger and haven't been able to return to mid season form. Baseball is a mental game more than it is physical, and AU seems to be struggling mentally more than anything. Team mindset has to improve befor next week. 

Wow. That will do it. at least they are safely in the regional but going in with their tail firmly between their legs. Going to be a tough task for Butch to get them out of this awful funk. 

The funny thing is when we had that good team two years ago they also went into the regional slumping. So frustrating. We need next years pitching class to really come through if we want to fare better

OUCH...just got home....this is awful.  Sure expected a better effort than this.  The game last night left me encouraged..but that didn't last long

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

OUCH...just got home....this is awful.  Sure expected a better effort than this.  The game last night left me encouraged..but that didn't last long

Well these kids gave it all they had late last night and into the wee hours of the morning. I was worried that they'd come out flat tonight and unfortunately they did. 

Coached Dixie Youth for years.3 boys of my own. Would not take a million dollars for the memories and pictures.Would not do again for million.

Sure wish the 12 run rule was in effect here.  Ugly

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Coached Dixie Youth for years.3 boys of my own. Would not take a million dollars for the memories and pictures.Would not do again for million.

Sure wish the 12 run rule was in effect here.  Ugly

There is a 10 run rule after 7 innings.

9 minutes ago, au302 said:

So does anyone think we'll be able to make any noise in a regional?

Always have a chance to win a few games with Mize and Thompson...after that...who knows?

No hit? That's the most insane part. Almost wish that was the end of the season. But there's always time for a turn around if you have another game. 

That was ugly, but late night game last night, and low pitchers. I was looking through previous threads. Most people internal and external picked us to finish pretty low this year. 

2 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

That was ugly, but late night game last night, and low pitchers. I was looking through previous threads. Most people internal and external picked us to finish pretty low this year. 

True. The season was better than expected. But losing 10 of the last 12 isn't a good sign. Maybe they can make the regional interesting but this team is in a bad mental funk right now. I'm not sure that will change unless a change of scenery helps. 

14 minutes ago, jared52 said:

True. The season was better than expected. But losing 10 of the last 12 isn't a good sign. Maybe they can make the regional interesting but this team is in a bad mental funk right now. I'm not sure that will change unless a change of scenery helps. 

One thing you can pretty well count on. ......  .we will lose our last game of the season and hope it does not look like this one. 

So I guess the question is how mentally tough the team can remain until it gets to that point.  This was as bad as anything all season.....almost as if the "goal" had been accomplished by winning the Ole MIss game.   Need some leadership on the team roster to turn things around.....

This has been such a season of what seems like one of 2 teams.  I hope we get our legs and arms back underneath us and come out any play lights out in a regional. Are we a sure bet for a regional or did this hard slump take us out completely?

I hope the coaches can figure out what needs to happen to get this team back to where they were prior to the bammer series. You have to feel bad for these young men. They know as well as any of us that they can win and have proved this most of the season until the slump took the wind out of their sails.

No reasonable person expected to win the tournament, but when you suck that hard that is a problem of effort and heart.  The coaches and team should be ashamed of their showing.

11 hours ago, jared52 said:

Todd didn't really want to swing at the 3-2 and Robert didn't. Hope Ingram is interested in hitting here. 

Oh, how I do despise a called 3rd strike! If it's close enough for the umpire to "make a mistake", it's close enough that you should have hacked at it.

9 hours ago, jared52 said:

True. The season was better than expected. But losing 10 of the last 12 isn't a good sign.

Minor correction: We're 3-3 in our last six.

Archived