Softball vs. Oklahoma - game 1

Veach lines one hard down the line to left and it drops fair and to the wall.   Veach slides in safely at 2nd.   Courtney Shea coming up

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, saminbama said:

I'd like to add Kendall Veach to the players to watch.  She hits lefties very well and she had 2 homers against OU in the first game.

Good call.

This ump sounds like a dying animal when he calls a strike.

Cannot, cannot, cannot help Parker like AU has done on a couple of bad swings at third strikes. 

Should have been a 4 pitch walk. That hasn't been a strike for Martin. But an extra pitch for Parker is fine with me. 

1st pitch, McCrackin drops a bunt to the 1st base side, pitcher fields it but no play.  Bases loaded with 2 outs.  Auburn will pinch hit for Draper here with Jenna Abbott.

Good bunt by McCracken. Though the ump signaled foul but I think he was signaling it didn't hit her. 

Abbott works the count full but strikes out swinging to end the inning.   After 2, no score.

Morgan Podany amazes me.  She's hitting .221, but  her OBP is .424.  I don't understand why pitchers don't just throw down the middle and let her hit.  But, we'll take it.  Great bunt by McCracken.

lead off walk by martin.   Next batter, drops the bunt down, Cooper throws to 2nd, being covered by Fagan and the base runner over runs 2nd and Fagan gets the tag.  1 out. 

Coop made the wrong decision there but the runner bailed her out by overrunning. Heads up play by Fagan. 

nice inning by Martin and the Auburn defense.    Cooper, Wallace, Fagan coming up in the bottom 3rd.

lady needs to learn geography.  She just said Oklahoma plays in the humidity DOWN in oklahoma.  :lol: 

wild pitch sends Wallace to 2nd.  Fagan still up.

Fagan strikes out looking but nobody at the plate knew it was strike 3.   2 outs.   Rivera up.

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

lady needs to learn geography.  She just said Oklahoma plays in the humidity DOWN in oklahoma.  :lol: 

wild pitch sends Wallace to 2nd.  Fagan still up.

Yeah, and I guarantee you, the humidity in OK is nothing like our humidity.

Archived