Softball vs. Oklahoma - game 1

Not going to win with that pitiful batting performance, same song, different day, this team just has not gotten better with situational hitting

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This losing to oklahoma thing is really overcooking my grits. It is reaching losing to Georgia levels of absurd for me. I had no opinion on oklahoma before last year but I LOAAAAAAAAAAATHE them now.

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Okie is not that good. We're making them look far better then what they really are.

brilliant 

OU couldn't have asked for a better start. AU toothless at the plate and flailing. That's a really dominant performance that puts them well in the driver's seat for taking this super. 

Just got home from work.  So when does game 1 start ...

oh :sad2:

When your lead off hitter strikes out twice, along with 12 other ks then you don't have a chance to make things happen. 28 batters and when we had someone on, we struck out instead of put the ball in play. 

We struggle against the real good pitchers this year, without making contact it seems.  But we have seen this at times this year.

6 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Just got home from work.  So when does game 1 start ...

oh :sad2:

Ironically Auburn was asking the same question.  I'm wondering how many of Auburn's losses this year were also goose eggs?  It seems like this team ebbs and flows together when it comes to hitting

Auburn batters have racked up a ton of Ks this year...not a bad effort by Martin...nothing she can do about the lack of offense.

Okies with another strikeout pitcher tomorrow.

34 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

Ironically Auburn was asking the same question.  I'm wondering how many of Auburn's losses this year were also goose eggs?  It seems like this team ebbs and flows together when it comes to hitting

4 hours ago, WarTiger said:

Just heard on another game that Oklahoma is on a 27 game road win streak. That sounds like a pretty good team to me

12 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Thanks!  That's more than half of their losses, hopefully tomorrow their performance will be heading in the other direction 

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Okie is not that good. We're making them look far better then what they really are.

you continue to remain CLUELESS...

Well.  Here we go again.  It will be interesting to see if Gasso uses the same strategy she used last year.  I wonder which Paige will pitch tomorrow.  We beat Lowary in the first game of the year.  Does she pitch her or Parker?  This is the level of play where your weaknesses show up and our biggest weakness all year has been situational hitting.  Hopefully, tomorrow one of our big sticks can come through and force a game three.  BTW.  Any team that wins 55 games in a season IS THAT GOOD.

Beaten by the better pitcher/team tonight. Regardless of what some think. Like I've said before our lack of hitting will send us home....or keep us here. 

Lowlight of the game: Abbott's bases-loaded strikeout with two down in the 2nd inning. She took two right down the pipe before flagging at a breaking ball for strike three. You don't bring a power hitter in to pinch-hit so she can work a walk, you bring her in to hit the ball hard and the ball doesn't get hit with the bat on the hitter's shoulder. If we wanted a walk in that situation we'd have simply left Draper in.

Prospects look dim at the moment, but we did lose the first game of the SR to Arizona last year, collecting only two hits in the process; so I'm not giving up. If we can rebound for a win behind Carlson today, I like our chances on Sunday. War Eagle!

Archived