Softball vs. Oklahoma - game 2

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Is Oklahoma's pitching that good, or is our offense that bad?

Or maybe a combination?

Yes. 

nice easy inning for Carlson.  Auburn coming up with Jordan, McCrackin and Draper.   RUNS....

4 minutes ago, jared52 said:

This weekend has really proven to me that Coach Myers is some kind of genius. To get this far and have this record with these kind of offensive weaknesses is truly remarkable. It's been a season over overachievement and there are more good days ahead. 

Hate to quote myself, but also need to add that Carlson has been a clutch as, well, a certain other Carlson. She has pitched extremely well this year for someone without an over powering fastball like the OU (and other) pitchers display. Martin has shown growth too and I expect her to become a great pitcher too. 

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Is Oklahoma's pitching that good, or is our offense that bad?

Or maybe a combination?

Well North Dakota State was able to scrounge up enough runs to beat okie in the regional.  Not sure if that answers your question, but we haven't been able to put up as many runs against them as ND state

Draper swinging bunt, fielded by the pitcher, throw to 1st, low and gets by the first baseman.  Draper ends up at 2nd.    Kasey Cooper up.  2 outs.

Cooper singles to left, Draper comes around to score, throw goes home, Cooper takes 2nd on the throw.    Auburn within 1...  3-2.   Carlee Wallce up.

8 minutes ago, jared52 said:

This weekend has really proven to me that Coach Myers is some kind of genius. To get this far and have this record with these kind of offensive weaknesses is truly remarkable. It's been a season over overachievement and there are more good days ahead. 

To counter, you have to put some of the blame on him.

1) Auburn has been coached to take a very passive approach - it gets them a ton of walks against bad pitchers but doesn't seem to prepare them so well for good ones.

2) A ton of dicking around with the LF spot over the last month, he's basically been giving 4 different players 1 AB a game in that slot. How is anyone supposed to get in a rhythm that way?

3) He loves pinch hitting for what appears the sake of pinch hitting. Auburn is batting .194 when pinch hitting.

4) Recuiting.

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Thanks.  I love the analysis I get from these forums.   ;D

That's all you get from the Hardee's in Dawson, GA. 

7 minutes ago, wildling said:

To counter, you have to put some of the blame on him.

1) Auburn has been coached to take a very passive approach - it gets them a ton of walks against bad pitchers but doesn't seem to prepare them so well for good ones.

2) A ton of dicking around with the LF spot over the last month, he's basically been giving 4 different players 1 AB a game in that slot. How is anyone supposed to get in a rhythm that way?

3) He loves pinch hitting for what appears the sake of pinch hitting. Auburn is batting .194 when pinch hitting.

4) Recuiting.

1. Plate discipline is a good thing. 

2. You prove you should be the everyday player by performing in practice and games. Not sure anyone has done that. Plus he's trying to replace a star in Tiffany Howard out there. 

3. Usually it's a slapper getting PH for with runners on base. 

4. Seems people who know this stuff think he's getting good players. 

Fagan pops it up to 1st in foul territory on the 1st pitch.   1 out.  Rivera up.

Veach hard liner to 3rd to end the top 6th.    Auburn trailing 3-2 with one more at bat

This is very disappointing. I thought these girls would get some revenge this series. 

6 minutes ago, jared52 said:

1. Plate discipline is a good thing. 

2. You prove you should be the everyday player by performing in practice and games. Not sure anyone has done that. Plus he's trying to replace a star in Tiffany Howard out there. 

3. Usually it's a slapper getting PH for with runners on base. 

4. Seems people who know this stuff think he's getting good players. 

Lol, you didn't counter anything I said, is that you Corey?

miscommunication in the outfield and oklahoma has a runner in scoring position.  Got to keep her from scoring.

So far the difference is one pitch and one foot. One bad pitch hit for a three run HR and Cooper was a foot short hitting a two run HR. 

Well I posted that right before the start of bottom 6. 

Archived