2017 Softball Discussion, 2018 Look-Ahead

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, boomstick said:

I believe he was making fun of himself for not remembering. Don't think that was directed at you.

Well for not putting the simple 2 & 2 together like WarLT did. That's why I put "To me" before the gif. Trying to make it clear I was Duh-ng myself and to instill some humor. #ApparentFail

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Watched a few minutes of Team USA world soft ball tournament.  The United States is 3-3 Japan leads with  5-1 record. Maybe we need to be recruiting over there ? 

You must have been watching the Junior Team.  USA is 5-0 and playing Japan right now for the title.  No score after one on ESPN.   

USA loaded the bases in bot 2 with one out, but couldn't score.  Cooper pinch-hit and drew a walk.  McCleney, who was hitting .588 for the tournament, popped out for the third out.

21 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

You must have been watching the Junior Team.  USA is 5-0 and playing Japan right now for the title.  No score after one on ESPN.   

Yes the standings could have been . I was watching the game with Canada at the time when they posted the rankings . Sorry.....assumed those were standings,relative to the game being played. 

US team got a hot inning to take care of Canada and handled Australia pretty well last night. Cooper did not play during the times I was  watching..glad she got an AB today 

Watched the last few innings...Japan had mostly professional players....maybe US too.  Very modest crowd for a world tournament.....lack of atmosphere compared to college tournaments.

23 hours ago, AU64 said:

Yes the standings could have been . I was watching the game with Canada at the time when they posted the rankings . Sorry.....assumed those were standings,relative to the game being played. 

US team got a hot inning to take care of Canada and handled Australia pretty well last night. Cooper did not play during the times I was  watching..glad she got an AB today 

Kasey was the DP in the game with Australia.  The last time I saw a graphic about her, she was 0-8 in the tournament.  I believe the commentators said they have to cut the roster down to 15 for the Olympics and if that is true, she may not make the cut. 

3 hours ago, saminbama said:

Kasey was the DP in the game with Australia.  The last time I saw a graphic about her, she was 0-8 in the tournament.  I believe the commentators said they have to cut the roster down to 15 for the Olympics and if that is true, she may not make the cut. 

Sorry to hear that. She was /is one of my favorite AU student athletes...but wondering if she has over-committed and overworked herself...?

She pinch-hit in the 2d inning yesterday against Japan and drew a walk to load the bases w/one out, but USA failed to score.  Cooper was 0 for 9 with two walks at that point.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Sorry to hear that. She was /is one of my favorite AU student athletes...but wondering if she has over-committed and overworked herself...?

I get this feeling as well. No inside stuff just a feeling

According to Twitter - Coop has signed with the Scrap Yard Dogs through the 2018 season - means she'll be playing ball next summer if the ProFastPitch league survives!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The  Roster is up on the auburntigers.com softball site with new player numbers.  The surprise to me was #3 Dakota Morrow who had previously been a commit to Mississippi State.  She is a 5'8" infielder from Tuscaloosa Hillcrest HS ( same as KK Crocker and Bree Fornis).  Only 3 seniors...Carlson, Shea and Draper.

10 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Thanks for the update, I've been checking that periodically.  Greenwood has changed numbers from 10 to 7.

I see the Snow sisters are where we hoped they would be.   Is anyone missing who was expected to be here for the coming year?   Saw a number of names I did not recognize ....guess those are the new commitments.

Also I see Casey Myers is still listed as a volunteer assistant.....interesting that he managed to stay out of the controversy.....good for him. 

All the commits announced November 2016 are listed on the roster; Taylon Snow, Livy Schiele, Jenna Olsweski, Kara Bilodeau, Chardonnay Harris, Mackenna Dowell, Mackenzie Nutt, and Abby Tissier.

Whiskey, good pick up on the Greenwood number change.  You or anyone else know anything about Dakota Morrow?  I could not find much.  Looking forward to getting a good coach these gals can rally around.  I have seen Casey Myers at some of the practices so he clearly knows how to run things in that regard.  Also, when he left for a year a number of the gals seemed sorry to see him leave....so I think he is well liked.  Hope he, Scott Woodard and Veach can keep this team glued together for the time being,  These girls are probably a lot more resilient than we realize.

I bet its really tough on Casey Meyers in the position hes in.

He comes on board with his dad and his brother. They have great success for 2 years. he leaves to go back to baseball. Comes back to the team. His brother, then his father is forced to resign/retire. and now he's still helping out while the investigations are still going on.

Gotta be hard on him.

Archived