1978 Tennessee vs Auburn

augolf1716

Anybody ever heard of James Brooks, William Andrews and Joe Cribbs?????Here you go yep we use to have to play UT in god awful B'Ham for our home game

My favorite non-bammer game in Legion Field was the '72 UT game. AU used 13 total players on defense and won 10-6. Shug called a punt with one minute left and the ball inside UT's 40 yard line. When questioned about this on Sunday's TV show, he said : "The Tennessee team was too hot and tired to drive 99 yards and I told David to punt the damn thing dead on the one yard line." Them was the daze! But I am really, really, REALLY glad we no longer schedule home games for Legion Field.

Well, that brought back memories.  Love the state of the art graphics at the time.

It seems we had a hard time scoring touchdowns in the red zone during the first half.  Nothing new for Auburn.

At the time they played they were the best running backs in college football IMO and I still consider them some of the best to ever play.

I miss the UT game being an annual game. I was a freshman and being from Birmingham I was able to combine going to the game with a trip home that weekend. Don't miss Legion Field however. I remember the eagle helmet stickers they had for a few years. Brooks had quite a few already for this game. 

Helmet-Sticker.png

Archived