NCAA Baseball Tournament

Tennessee Tech is the home team today. Top 1st. 1 out. FSU with a runner on after a 1 out single.

Runner steals 2nd on a 3-1 pitch. 

Walk. 2 on 1 out. 

FSU smokes a single to left. Runner on 2nd holds at 3rd. Tech catches a runner between 2nd and 3rd. Tagged out. Runner on 3rd leaves the bag and is also caught in a rundown. Two outs on a single lol. On to the bottom of the 1st 0-0. Downright comical. And we thought our base running was bad. 

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw both the horrible baserunning decisions by the FSU and Kentucky players. I've been seeing a lot of bad base running all around in these regionals

Just now, au302 said:

I just saw both the horrible baserunning decisions by the FSU and Kentucky players. I've been seeing a lot of bad base running all around in these regionals

Guess it's good to know it's not just us. 

FSU in rain delay in 2nd or 3rd... ...was  leading at the time ....

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

FSU in rain delay in 2nd or 3rd... ...was  leading at the time ....

Watching it on my Roku. Was 0-0 middle 2nd when the lightning hit, and TTU is the home team. FSU loaded the bases twice and has nothing to show for it. 

1 hour ago, au302 said:

Ive watched more college baseball this season than in a long time (for obvious reasons), and I would say the overall fundamentals are poor - including baserunning. Just see a lot of plays made that I would expect of a 12 year old, not a college player.

10 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Watching it on my Roku. Was 0-0 middle 2nd when the lightning hit, and TTU is the home team. FSU loaded the bases twice and has nothing to show for it. 

OK...that's good..for some reason I thought FSU was leading.....meanwhile., radar looks like the problem might be just about past.  Hope so....

Is there a minimum time between end of fsu game and our game?

i'd prefer our opponent to be as tired as possible.  I'm guessing this also means both teams essentially lose a pitcher after waiting this long during rain delay?

6 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Is there a minimum time between end of fsu game and our game?

30 minutes if the end of their game gets us past 5:30.

7 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

i'd prefer our opponent to be as tired as possible.  I'm guessing this also means both teams essentially lose a pitcher after waiting this long during rain delay?

After only 1 & a half innings played my guess is they run their starters back out & not lose a guy yet.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

OK...that's good..for some reason I thought FSU was leading.....meanwhile., radar looks like the problem might be just about past.  Hope so....

I don't know, man. Just looked myself and it looks like it may be a while. June in Tallahassee.

1 minute ago, Bigbens42 said:

I don't know, man. Just looked myself and it looks like it may be a while. June in Tallahassee.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Good. I'll be shocked if they don't have another one though. Storms all over the area.

Tech threatening. Runners on the corners with one out. 

HBP. Bases loaded with only one out. 

The AU game was set for  7ET......Will be tight...probably some delay for us ..just hoping the rain is done.

FSU escapes with a K. 1-0 Tech going to the 3rd. 

Tech limits the damage. 1-1 going to the B3.

I figure that Florida State will end up hammering these guys but that was a good job by the Tennessee Tech pitcher to get out of that inning.

TTU may surprise me. .. Sure hope so. 

Archived