NCAA Baseball Tournament

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I figure that Florida State will end up hammering these guys but that was a good job by the Tennessee Tech pitcher to get out of that inning.

TTU may surprise me. .. Sure hope so. 

Just have the feeling that FSU is going to blow it open. They've stranded 7 so far. They'll drive those in eventually.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bigbens42 said:

Just have the feeling that FSU is going to blow it open. They've stranded 7 so far. They'll drive those in eventually.

yep....they are facing TT's 5th or 6th pitcher by now....can 't imagine he can keep holding them down....but that can work both ways I guess..

Tech strands a runner at 2nd. 1-1 going to the 4th. 

Kentucky survives in the Lexington region, beating Indiana 14-9 in an offensive slugfest. They now must beat NC State twice to advance.

TTU's pitcher has settled down nicely.

EDIT: And gives up a 1 out single as soon as I type that.

Walk away to change a poopy diaper, come back to see TTU knocking in the go ahead run. Very nice. 

FSU limits the damage, but 2-1 Tech after 5. 

Free shoes ties it with a leadoff solo shot in the 6th. Rats. 

0-2 pitch...oops..

Someone choose for me, because I honestly don't know who I'd prefer our guys facing at this point.  I know FSU has a 1 by their name, but they've looked unimpressive to me at the plate all weekend.  I guess TTU might not have a Power 5 pitching depth and would equalize AU apparent pitching disadvantage for a game 3 and beyond, but the middle of that lineup has put together some quality ABs this weekend.

Cast my vote for TTU...purely on the depth issue....

FSU gets a double. Runner on 2nd, no outs. 

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Someone choose for me, because I honestly don't know who I'd prefer our guys facing at this point.  I know FSU has a 1 by their name, but they've looked unimpressive to me at the plate all weekend.  I guess TTU might not have a Power 5 pitching depth and would equalize our apparent pitching disadvantage for a game 3 and beyond, but the middle of that lineup has put together some quality ABs this weekend.

We clearly want TTU. When FSU is on they are as good as anybody in the nation. To jump in as Region Host they won their last 6 straight games including beating Louisville 3 times, 2 on the road, & UNC.

Just now, ellitor said:

We clearly want TTU. When FSU is on they are as good as anybody in the nation. To jump in as Region Host they won their last 6 straight games including beating Louisville 3 times, 2 on the road, & UNC.

You're a numbers guy though, E.  After winning 7 of 8, you don't want to take the chance of their performance regressing to the mean of their 65 percent season-win percentage? ;D

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

You're a numbers guy though, E.  After winning 7 of 8, you don't want to take the chance of their performance regressing to the mean of their 65 percent season-win percentage? ;D

I am a "revert to the mean " guy but unfortunately it sometimes takes quite a while for that to occur.

In this case, if TTU were to win, we can then help them return to their normal status in life. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

I am a "revert to the mean " guy but unfortunately it sometimes takes quite a while for that to occur.

In this case, if TTU were to win, we can then help them return to their normal status in life. 

ok, ok, fine.  I'll don my Tennessee Tech bandwagon fandom for the next 4 innings then...

FSU take the lead with a 1 out single. Rats.

Timely DP....stopped the rally...3-2...still in reach

Man thank goodness that ball was hit to straightaway center. Would have been out of here anywhere else. 

FSU goes down 123, but hit 2 balls to the warning track there. Top of the order up for tech. On to B7.

Archived