NCAA Baseball Tournament

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

E and I were discussing the last time that mize and Keegan had good performances in the same weekend ... all Daniel did was have his best outing of the year on the third game ... hey Daniel, let's do that again!

And elsewhere...North Carolina eliminated by #4 Davidson tonight.....

aTm wins the Houston region and now gets to host a Super Region as a 3 seed since they are playing 4 seed Davidson.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

aTm wins the Houston region and now gets to host a Super Region as a 3 seed since they are playing 4 seed Davidson.

Tense finish...that boot by the aggie 3B almost cost them a game....had the feeling of the AU game last night....a sense of foreboding ....but Aggies held on.

Super Regionals under way today....anyone have any favorites?......or is it mostly anybody but an SEC team?

Oregon State has the best record going in and is favored by many folks....certainly a 'nobody" school in football that SEC fans should have not objection to...they play Vandy tonight

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Super Regionals under way today....anyone have any favorites?......or is it mostly anybody but an SEC team?

Oregon State has the best record going in and is favored by many folks....certainly a 'nobody" school in football that SEC fans should have not objection to...they play Vandy tonight

It will be interesting to see how Oregon St responds and handles the Luke Heimlich news from yesterday. I'd expect, if Heimlich doesn't pitch, that Vandy gives them all they can handle.

Here's my predictions for the eight teams in Omaha:

Oregon St

Cal St Fullerton

Sam Houston St

LSU

Texas A&M

Louisville

TCU

Florida

2 hours ago, boomstick said:

It will be interesting to see how Oregon St responds and handles the Luke Heimlich news from yesterday. I'd expect, if Heimlich doesn't pitch, that Vandy gives them all they can handle.

Oregon St

Cal St Fullerton

Sam Houston St

LSU

Texas A&M

Louisville

TCU

Florida

stepping out on a limb there huh?  ...did you pick all the home teams?   but looks like a reasonable list...

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

stepping out on a limb there huh?  ...did you pick all the home teams?   but looks like a reasonable list...

Sam and CSF are road teams. It wouldn't surprise me to see Wake pull the upset. They can really hit. 

2 hours ago, boomstick said:

Sam and CSF are road teams. It wouldn't surprise me to see Wake pull the upset. They can really hit. 

Should be interesting. Some teams like Wake and Kentucky play in small ballparks and I think their stats may be skewed by that . Should be some fun games even without Auburn involved. 

FSU having some early problems with Sam Houston State.....down 3-0 in the second inning.

Well ..unfortunately, FSU rallying  at the moment....now 6-5 and SHS pitcher is done ...SH going through their staff....

and as I was typing FSU drives in the tying run...and still 2 on..

And FSU's leading run is picked off 2nd by the catcher....DUMB move there...

Case anyone cares, FSU won their game in the bottom of the ninth ...7-6.

Florida and Wake pitcher's duel...Faedo is grooving it....95 to 96 mph and hitting his spots....gonna be a rich young man some day soon.  And just like that...lightening and game is in "hold".

Wake and Florida the best series thus far.....Deacs making gators work ...and some excellent pitching.   Wondering how a small school like Wake is able to get players from 18 states? ....and some big hitters....

Wake HR in the 5th gives them the lead 5-4.

Florida and Wake tied at 6 in the top of the 8th.  There have been 6 home runs in this game alone...   hoping our new coach will be able to help our hitters put a little pop into their bats.....

Another monster HR from Wake in the 11th for a walk off win over the gators.

Deciding game starts in about an hour.

Some excellent baseball for anyone who is a baseball fan..not just an Auburn fan....

On June 9, 2017 at 7:50 AM, boomstick said:

Oregon St

Cal St Fullerton

Sam Houston St

LSU

Texas A&M

Louisville

TCU

Florida

Well, 7 out of 8 isn't bad.  

3 out of 8 teams are from the SEC which is the most from any conference. You look at the strength of the SEC and then look how close Auburn played FSU and you realize that Auburn showed it was a pretty good team this year.

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

3 out of 8 teams are from the SEC which is the most from any conference. You look at the strength of the SEC and then look how close Auburn played FSU and you realize that Auburn showed it was a pretty good team this year.

Our strength was in our two starting pitchers.  After that, it was really questionable.  We were pretty well set for a 2 out of 3 series but that was about it. 

Just my opinion but Florida State had the ideal road to Omaha. Auburn was not deep enough to beat them in a multiple game series and they got to play a lower seed team once they got by us.

I am picking them to be an early out . 

Archived