NCAA Baseball Tournament

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

TTU has tied FSU at 1 in the 8th. Runner on 3rd. 2 out.

Let's play 15!

UNC looks like they will be going down and Louisville in trouble against Radford  but I'm not counting the Cardinals out...

TT with big rally in the making...runners on second and third....no outs...top of 9th...

Meanwhile ..how does some remote school like this end up with a bunch of guys who can hit like they do? 

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

UNC looks like they will be going down and Louisville in trouble against Radford  but I'm not counting the Cardinals out...

It's a tie game in the 6th. They aren't in a lot of trouble yet.

Just now, AU64 said:

Meanwhile ..how does some remote school like this end up with a bunch of guys who can hit like they do? 

It's like their coach said earlier in the telecast. There are a lot of good hitting teams in the league their coach's belief is the have to get the best of the hitters to win that league.

Just now, ellitor said:

It's a tie game in the 6th. They aren't in a lot of trouble yet.

True..but they had them buried at 6-0 and now it's tied....bad trend for UL...

1 hour ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Superstitions be damned, E!  I'll even go one step further to show no fear:  Tennessee Tech will win this baseball game!

[insert innocentwhistlingemoji]

And a double makes it a 3-1 lead for TTU. WOW! 

Just some hypotheticals, but this TTU pitching staff used their ace tonight and he's gone pretty deep I think. Pitching won't be a strength for them the rest of the regional. If they hang on, and we can outhit them tomorrow, we'll be sitting pretty.

On the other hand, if Florida State comes back to win, they have certainly showed their weaknesses. 

Just now, SCTiger2011 said:

[insert innocentwhistlingemoji]

It ain't over yet SC Smartypants.

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

And a double makes it a 3-1 lead for TTU. WOW! 

Just some hypotheticals, but this TTU pitching staff used their ace tonight and he's gone pretty deep I think. Pitching won't be a strength for them the rest of the regional. If they hang on, and we can outhit them tomorrow, we'll be sitting pretty.

On the other hand, if Florida State comes back to win, they have certainly showed their weaknesses. 

Given Daniel is  hit or miss as our #3 starter there is no such thing as sitting pretty when we have to win 3 or 4 games in a weekend to win a Regional. It's better than the alternative though.

FSU escapes giving up another run by a great throw to get a runner at the plate. 3-1 TTU going to the FSU 9th.

two very difficult outs for TTU...just need one more...

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FSU escapes giving up another run by a great throw to get a runner at the plate. 3-1 TTU going to the FSU 9th.

May be a dumb question but did FSU use their #1 starter today?

Son of a gun....who would have thunk it...?    TTU impressive....don't sleep on them....

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

They did not.  But now they'll have to tomorrow...and not against us!

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Not dumb & no.

TTU beat FSU 3-1. AU-TTU tomorrow at 6 CT

My guess is that with TTU being a very low seed the game will probably only be on the WatchESPN App, expecially with it looking like a lot of SEC teams being in winner bracket games.

Meanwhile....UNC closing the gap on Davidson....8-4 in the 8th.......and Louisville has taken charge now....

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

TTU #2 starter???

About the same as their #1 starter statistically. 5-2 with a 5.48 ERA.

Archived