Stidham, Willis work with qb coaches

aubiefifty

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Vick was a NFL qb and criticizing for working with him.....nobody mentioned the other qb camp....hemust've been a world beater!

Hmm... Can you expand and clarify what you are trying to say? We just don't understand your point. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Stidham looks small next to Allen and Darnold because he is small compared to them.

Darnold - 6'4"; 225 lbs.
Allen - 6'5"; 220 lbs.
Stidham - 6'3"; 210 lbs.

Heck, I think Darnold is bigger than his listing, and frankly, I don't believe Stidham is really 6'3". He's never going to look like Darnold/Allen. I'm just hoping he can outplay them!

I mean who cares really? Stid is not super skinny and definitely has the arm strength to get the job done.

Oh I don't care. I was responding to the person that basically said he needed to hit the weight room. I was just saying, weight room or no, he's never going to be the same size as Allen or Darnold. They are just bigger dudes than him. I'd rather have him be the better QB. That would be delightful.

Jarrett is tall enough, but he might needs to get a little bigger so he doesn't get hurt going up against SEC defenses. Maybe 6-3, 225 might be better.

I can't say that I love the mention that Stidham might join the other two as first rounders in the 2018 NFL Draft. I mean, it's a double edged sword in that if he DOES play himself into that kind of position, it means Auburn will have had a great season, but between putting those kinds of expectations on his shoulders and building hype toward his draft prospects...well, let's just say it makes me a bit uneasy. I don't remember anyone talking about Cam going pro after just one year on the Plains until he was already proving himself to be a world beater, and he both won the JUCO national championship at Blinn AND came to Auburn as a junior, which is more often the time that elite QBs leave for the pros anyway. This kind of talk about a sophomore who was hurt in his freshman campaign and didn't play at his junior college seems more damaging than productive, IMO.

4 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Hmm... Can you expand and clarify what you are trying to say? We just don't understand your point. 

Don't say we, just say you don't. And you not is expected. You're still learning about how practices are set up

If everything goes as planned this season those will be the first 3 qbs taken in the nfl draft next spring. I really hope we maximize the only potential year stidham is with us and win at least a sec title!

Michael Vick will forever and always be the most fun QB to play with on Madden and the best. All you had to do was call a hail mary and then roll out left or right and it was curtains for the defense. He was housing that thing!

9 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Has nothing to do with anything I posted. Just haven't seen all the rave reviews about Vick's coaching ability. No one I know has. Just a very good player. Nothing more. 

Wasn't referring to you. No qualms with your input.

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Don't say we, just say you don't. And you not is expected. You're still learning about how practices are set up

And you not is expected? 

45 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

And you not is expected? 

Pretty sure that was a clumsy way of saying "you not understanding is expected", referring back to where you said "we just don't understand".

8 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Pretty sure that was a clumsy way of saying "you not understanding is expected", referring back to where you said "we just don't understand".

I didn't understand Cole either. The guy Stidham is working with is one of the top QB coaches in the business. Have no idea how good Vick is or how he teaches his mechanics. Must be OK if Lindsey approved. Nothing would suck more than Willis going to Vick and Vick screwing his Mechanics up. 

And don't say he played in the NFL, he has to be a good QB coach. Don't work that way. The best QB coaches in the busniess didn't play in the NFL. 

19 hours ago, DAG said:

Oh and good for both athletes, taking the initiative to get better on their own personal time. Some of you guys will never be satisfied.

Using their own time, and money for travel/lodging/meals, etc.  I'm sure they are gaining valuable knowledge, which is always a good thing. 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

And don't say he played in the NFL, he has to be a good QB coach. 

But he does have to be a pretty good QB. Good enough that he's probably not going to ruin a freshman over the course of a summer. 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I didn't understand Cole either. The guy Stidham is working with is one of the top QB coaches in the business. Have no idea how good Vick is or how he teaches his mechanics. Must be OK if Lindsey approved. Nothing would suck more than Willis going to Vick and Vick screwing his Mechanics up. 

And don't say he played in the NFL, he has to be a good QB coach. Don't work that way. The best QB coaches in the busniess didn't play in the NFL. 

Willis Personal QB coach was there. Doubt he or Lindsey would sign off if that was the case.

I would bet Vick is actually pretty good with mechanics. He did SO MUCH drill work during his NFL career. Go back and watch his throwing motion at VaTech or early with the Falcons and compare it to his best year with the Eagles. Completely remade. If nothing else, he can introduce drills and give a guy an overview of what it takes to focus on footwork and shorten your throwing motion.

57 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I would bet Vick is actually pretty good with mechanics. He did SO MUCH drill work during his NFL career. Go back and watch his throwing motion at VaTech or early with the Falcons and compare it to his best year with the Eagles. Completely remade. If nothing else, he can introduce drills and give a guy an overview of what it takes to focus on footwork and shorten your throwing motion.

Yeah, I'm okay if he shares some of his Eagles-era mechanics. 6'0 tall, btw. 

18 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Michael Vick will forever and always be the most fun QB to play with on Madden and the best. All you had to do was call a hail mary and then roll out left or right and it was curtains for the defense. He was housing that thing!

My friends and I banned the use of the Falcons in Madden '04. 

1 hour ago, Bigbens42 said:

My friends and I banned the use of the Falcons in Madden '04. 

lol it really was like a cheat code playing with him!

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, I'm okay if he shares some of his Eagles-era mechanics. 6'0 tall, btw. 

Andy Reid. QB guru at your service. Mcnabb, AJ Feeley (sp?), Vick and Alex SMith. He can make any QB look good. Vick is a amazing athlete and was a pretty good QB some of the time. No idea if he is a good qb coach or not. No suprise tho his best year came with Andy Reid at the controls.

44 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Andy Reid. QB guru at your service. Mcnabb, AJ Feeley (sp?), Vick and Alex SMith. He can make any QB look good. Vick is a amazing athlete and was a pretty good QB some of the time. No idea if he is a good qb coach or not. No suprise tho his best year came with Andy Reid at the controls.

All good points, and I'm definitely not trying to make the argument for Mike Vick as QB or coach. Just saying that if we're talking about mechanics, that dude got a LOT out of his arm, and that it won't hurt anything for our QBs- especially a mobile one- to spend time with him. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

All the QB coaching in the world couldn't give you that type of arm strength to make that throw. Accuracy and velocity ? Yep. 

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

All the QB coaching in the world couldn't give you that type of arm strength to make that throw. Accuracy and velocity ? Yep. 

lol I did not even watch the clip but YES he had all the talent in the world  but never put it all together till he got with Reid. I would never call him a accurate qb but he could always throw the ball through a car wash without getting it wet like the IMMORTAL chris todd could! haha. Tony Franklin would of loved to coach vick.

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol I did not even watch the clip but YES he had all the talent in the world  but never put it all together till he got with Reid. I would never call him a accurate qb but he could always throw the ball through a car wash without getting it wet like the IMMORTAL chris todd could! haha. Tony Franklin would of loved to coach vick.

Yeah my fault . I wasn't neccessarily disagreeing with your point . Just thought it was interesting that this highlights was referenced in talking about mechanics . It's like talking about aroldis Chapman being a pitching coach then showing him throw 104 mph . That is just innate ability .

Archived