Auburn opens as underdog at Clemson, LSU

aubiefifty

15 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Hell, even bammer would be an underdog if they had to open against both Clemson & LSU at the same time.

:beer2:

Especially if it was both on the road(s) at the same time.

Oh come on now.  You both know the turds would open as double digit favorites to this even if they were played at same time on same day.  Everyone knows Bama 2nd string is better than any other team in the country....

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

These lines are going to move, especially Clemson. The books are always going to take public perception into consideration, and right now public perception of Clemson is that they are a very, very good football team. Vegas will take every bit of money they can get on Clemson at -7, trust me. I don't know enough to know where that line will settle, but that's a lot of points to give up. 

Clemson still returns a lot of talent, they have a better coaching staff, they are at home, Gus historically takes about 3 weeks of games to figure out what he should have figured out before game 1.  Clemson line seems about right to me.  

LSU has owned us in BR.  That line is about right as well.  

The spuat line is too low until we prove during the season we can be competitive with them.

wde

48 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

These lines are going to move, especially Clemson. The books are always going to take public perception into consideration, and right now public perception of Clemson is that they are a very, very good football team. Vegas will take every bit of money they can get on Clemson at -7, trust me. I don't know enough to know where that line will settle, but that's a lot of points to give up. 

Yep! That's why i'm locking in my bet now! Thanks for the 7 points. 

Guest WarEagleSteve
5 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

LSU has owned us in BR.  That line is about right as well.  

Given our recent history, it's actually pretty generous. We haven't won in Baton Rouge since 1999 and haven't come within a touchdown of them there since 2007. 

On 6/1/2017 at 5:33 PM, WarTiger said:

Interesting how many people put so much stock in this stuff.  It means basically nothing.

It's a good place to start the betting....not too aggressive either way...should attract money on both sides of the line which is the idea.   

Anyone on either side of field who is offended by the spread can back up their confidence with $$$$.

As for me....since we've yet to play a single game....and considering the opponents...seems pretty reasonable. Don't think I would take either team.

• 3 weeks later...

DCm7aEDUIAAX6Y6.jpg

How many of these shirts can we expect to see next season when Auburn visits Clemson. .

Clemson -7 and LSU -4.5 lol. OK once we beat Clemson by at leaSt 7 I expect  the LSU game will be a pickem. It is tough to win in Baton Rouge. We have a very good team if we can keep the injury bug from biting us.

It's almost certain that we will be playing LSU at night which will make the win that much more gratifying.

Archived