Coach Fountain to UGA

RunInRed

It was bound to happen. Good luck to his family but I hope his team stinks. ;) lol

Whew!!! I'd love to have Craig back just so we could off set the losses we're going to have with the recruiting in Georgia with recruits from Florida....

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Whew!!! I'd love to have Craig back just so we could off set the losses we're going to have with the recruiting in Georgia with recruits from Florida....

Sounds like off field position. 

1 minute ago, alexava said:

Yeah, it's smart. Don't even have to wait to build new relationships....same recruits, same ties but flip sides immediately

shouldn't Coach Porter be more than capable of picking up any recruiting slack and then some?  I thought that Coach Porter was a superior recruiter over Fountain

does anyone know if scott had anything to do with davis being able to field the kick six? if he did i will surely miss him. so who will take his place for sure? not sure i remember if we got someone already or not.

30 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

does anyone know if scott had anything to do with davis being able to field the kick six? if he did i will surely miss him. so who will take his place for sure? not sure i remember if we got someone already or not.

I don't believe he was responsible for it. 

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't believe he was responsible for it. 

It was reported Gus made that move to put Davis in during the time out.

9 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

It was reported Gus made that move to put Davis in during the time out.

If I recall correctly Ellis Johnson was the one who told Gus to put Davis back there.

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

If I recall correctly Ellis Johnson was the one who told Gus to put Davis back there.

I could def. be wrong. Just recalling from the articles..they gave Gus the credit. Looks like it was Harbison and Gus gave the final ok.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/11/chris_davis_legendary_touchdow.html

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn called a timeout, and told the players in the huddle that Davis should be in the back of the end zone instead of Smith.

The move paid off.

"I had no idea anybody was even back there until coach called a timeout," Davis said. "Ryan Smith was back there at first and then made the switch."

https://www.si.com/college-football/2015/11/24/kick-six-two-years-later-auburns-chris-davis-jr-looks-back-his-unforgettable-touchdown

What's crazy is, my roommate at Auburn at the time was defensive back Ryan Smith, and he originally went back on the return team to watch for the kick, right before the Alabama field goal attempt. Ryan was supposed to be the guy who would've caught the ball. But during a timeout, we went to the sideline, and I remember assistant coach Charlie Harbison said, "Put Chris back there, because he's our primary punt return guy." So, Coach (Gus) Malzahn made the change.

5 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I could def. be wrong. Just recalling from the articles..they gave Gus the credit. Looks like it was Harbison and Gus gave the final ok.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/11/chris_davis_legendary_touchdow.html

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn called a timeout, and told the players in the huddle that Davis should be in the back of the end zone instead of Smith.

The move paid off.

"I had no idea anybody was even back there until coach called a timeout," Davis said. "Ryan Smith was back there at first and then made the switch."

https://www.si.com/college-football/2015/11/24/kick-six-two-years-later-auburns-chris-davis-jr-looks-back-his-unforgettable-touchdown

What's crazy is, my roommate at Auburn at the time was defensive back Ryan Smith, and he originally went back on the return team to watch for the kick, right before the Alabama field goal attempt. Ryan was supposed to be the guy who would've caught the ball. But during a timeout, we went to the sideline, and I remember assistant coach Charlie Harbison said, "Put Chris back there, because he's our primary punt return guy." So, Coach (Gus) Malzahn made the change.

This 

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

A graduate assistant actually suggested it to Scott and Gus when UAT changed kickers. Gus called the TO and put Davis in the End Zone. It is/was a designed play. (Designed by both Scott and Gus)

The rest is history!!

AU had a tight ends coach?!  We don't use 'em....know sure why we need to coach 'em! <sarcasm off>

7 hours ago, Tiger said:

Yeah I read that CEJ noticed that bammer had no speedy personnel on the field and he recognized the opportunity for AU so he asked for the TO to be called. 

3 hours ago, AU-24 said:

A graduate assistant actually suggested it to Scott and Gus when UAT changed kickers. Gus called the TO and put Davis in the End Zone. It is/was a designed play. (Designed by both Scott and Gus)

The rest is history!!

So the story Davis told is made up?

22 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So the story Davis told is made up?

The Auburn assistant coach and his wife, sitting on my back deck eating BBQ, explaining the situation to my wife and me, may have got it wrong, but I don't think so.

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

The Auburn assistant coach and his wife, sitting on my back deck eating BBQ, explaining the situation to my wife and me, may have got it wrong, but I don't think so.

Ok Davis made it up....and you're friends with an assistant coach but didn't know about position drills?

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

Ok Davis made it up....and you're friends with an assistant coach but didn't know about position drills?

???????

21 hours ago, alexava said:

Wasn't he in an off field position with us? Must have been bitter or got some more $$ or both.

4 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Wasn't he in an off field position with us? Must have been bitter or got some more $$ or both.

Probably was bitter. Was moved from on field to off. 

I was told by a very reliable source that Golf told Aubie who then told CEJ who told Harbison...who told Gus.

On 6/1/2017 at 0:56 PM, WarEagle1983 said:

The move paid off.

I guess I stand corrected. I could've sworn I read that CEJ made the suggestion to Gus. But I'll admit short term memory isn't my strength!

Archived