Post-Spring Height & Weight Changes

ellitor

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Bell and Ashley are way over weight.  Not a huge surprise with an incoming freshman out of playing shape.  Most kids coming from high school think they need to add weight but don't realize it's really bad weight that they put on.  Bell is disappointing because of his age and being an incoming Senior transfer.  I would imagine his ideal playing weight would be around 315.  40 pounds overweight.  

Whitlow may also need to get down to around 200.  But same applies to him that did for Ashley.  

@bigbird I'm still predicting Whitlow to safety and probably punt returner in the future.  

Agree. Kid is electric with the ball in his hands. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Agree. Kid is electric with the ball in his hands. 

I knew someone would pick him up on signing day and no one was talking about it but we definitely got a steal with him.  Should have easily been a middle grade 4 star.  92ish rating on 247...  Kudos to the staff for keeping their eyes on him and keeping it low key what they were seeing in him.  

5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I knew someone would pick him up on signing day and no one was talking about it but we definitely got a steal with him.  Should have easily been a middle grade 4 star.  92ish rating on 247...  Kudos to the staff for keeping their eyes on him and keeping it low key what they were seeing in him.  

Agree. He had a AU offer all along but it was contingent on his grades. Really is a great pickup. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Bell and Ashley are way over weight.  Not a huge surprise with an incoming freshman out of playing shape.  Most kids coming from high school think they need to add weight but don't realize it's really bad weight that they put on.  Bell is disappointing because of his age and being an incoming Senior transfer.  I would imagine his ideal playing weight would be around 315.  40 pounds overweight.  

The good news is, if there is one thing Russell excels at, it's working these kids hard and making them shed the bad weight. I'm much more concerned about him protecting our starters from injury than I am about his ability to get a kid to fighting weight.