Baseball vs. UCF Game Thread

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, au302 said:

Has Sisson forgotten how to coach third base?

the first throw out at home was just aggressive coaching and it was the wrong call.  given sissons view of the field, I'm thinking he thought the ball would get pass the shortstop into CF.  Ball made a slight hop and the SS made a great throw home.  I probably would have sent him also, given that scenario and viewpoint.  

at least the bases are clean and CL should be able to concentrate on the batter....but starts with 2 strikes...

I know that we had a 5 run lead but Lipscomb don't have it today.. I hope he can shake the rust off for later this weekend. He can't pitch like that and keep pitching this post season. He is going to be riding the bench.

i hate that this broadcast doesnt show the pitching speed.

cole got hit hard a few times this half inning.  20 pitches and we may not see cole again until 3rd or 4th game.

K looking on the hook to end the game! AU WINS 7-4!!! They will play the FSU-Tenn Tech winner tomorrow at 6 CT.

1 minute ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

I know that we had a 5 run lead but Lipscomb don't have it today.. I hope he can shake the rust off for later this weekend. He can't pitch like that and keep pitching this post season. He is going to be riding the bench.

If we have a late lead in a game that's unlikely. Butch sees him as our closer.

2 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

cole got hit hard a few times this half inning.  20 pitches and we may not see cole again until 3rd or 4th game.

If Casey can throw a complete game gem tomorrow then we won't need him til then. :)

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

K looking on the hook to end the game! AU WINS 7-4!!! tHEY WILPLAT THE fsy-tENN. tECHL WINNER TOMORROW AT 5 ct.

Were your fingers drunk when you typed this?

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

If we have a late lead in a game that's unlikely. Butch sees him as our closer.

I know he has been all year but if he comes back out and does that again tomorrow, Butch is going to have to get creative.

5 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Were your fingers drunk when you typed this?

No. I can only type with 1 hand cuz of my disability & can't look at the screen when I type. Didn't know I brushed caps lock.

Woop! Great way to start! A gem from K. Thompson and some really solid hitting from everyone. Approach at the plate was great

3 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

I know he has been all year but if he comes back out and does that again tomorrow, Butch is going to have to get creative.

With 20 pitches today we may not see him tomorrow anyway.

nice game

10 hits (.320 BA) and 4 runs (3 earned) and 5 BB and the first loss against their colligiate baseball all-american.  solid game at the plate today.

ingram was the only batter without a hit and 3 K's ... do we see Davis as the DH tomorrow?

3 minutes ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

Their start pitcher didn't seem like anything special

He was 10-0 and co-conference pitcher of the year in the AAC which is a very good conference.

Keegan Thompson is significantly better and REALLY showed it today.  

oh and thompson was rock solid on the mound.  hope we win this regional, because if not, then that might be the last time we ever see him for Auburn.

one high heater that got smoked ... then solid through the 7th.  If this is a regular weekend series, I bet Keegan would have gotten pulled earlier in the 8th.  Probably 10-15 pitches earlier is my guess.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No. I can only type with 1 hand cuz of my disability & can't look at the screen when I type. Didn't know I brushed caps lock.

What is your disability, if you don't mind me asking? Sorry for the bad joke, no offense.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!

CL did not look that sharp but he's been like that most of the year....BT just has to send him out and see what happens. 

But other than him, the Bull Pen is really hit and miss....CL should have been able to get out of one inning with fewer pitches....kind of pitched himself out of the game tomorrow with facing so many batters.

Meanwhile...#1 seed Southern Miss getting hammered by something called UIC.

Great win! Unbelievable outing by Keegan. Exactly what we needed from him, and he delivered in the biggest spot of the season. Sets up what should be a fantastic matchup between Mize and Tyler Holton of FSU, assuming they win their game this evening. The offense was aggressive and still patient. We were a bang, bang call at the plate and a great play by their 3B away from blowing this game open early. Still, it was awesome to see the 6-9 hitters produce like they did today. Six hits, six runs, 4 RBIs, and 3 of our 5 total BBs is perfect production from those guys. Everyone from Ingram had at least one hit. Gonna need the bats to stay hot for the game tomorrow.

Cole wasn't sharp, but he was also trying to throw a bunch of strikes and left some pitches over the plate. I think we will see him again later in this regional, and I think it will be good for him to have already been on the mound once to get a feel for everything. He should be able to bounce back from just 20 pitches. I doubt he will throw tomorrow, but I think he could if we needed him.

gotta have something to complain about.....FOUR double plays in the first five innings ...shoulda had their starter out of there by the 5th inning...JMO

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

gotta have something to complain about.....FOUR double plays in the first five innings ...shoulda had their starter out of there by the 5th inning...JMO

It had me begging for some sac bunts if we got a runner on first with less than two outs, and I'm generally not a fan of that until late in close ballgames. Two of them could've been avoided IMO. Jarvis got too aggressive on a pitch that looked over the middle that jammed him. And Todd swings at a low, outside first pitch FB and chops it right up the middle. If either of those guys shows a little more patience, we probably don't hit those two. 

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

What is your disability, if you don't mind me asking? Sorry for the bad joke, no offense.

Cerebral Palsy. Affects my vision in both eyes & lower motor skills on all of the right side of my body.

Archived